Please, Please Delay CM's Release

Dear Battlefront,

Please delay the release of Combat Mission indefinitely. I'm rather enjoying the most excellent discussions on this bulleting board and if you release the program everyone will be too busy to post. I'd hate to see this board dry up. Er, but wait a minute, I'll be too busy playing CM to read the board. Dooo, if you delay the release then I have to read this stupid board instead of playing your most outstanding game. Gack, please disregard everything I've said and I'm sorry I wasted so much of your valuable time that you could have spent finishing the game...GET BACK TO WORK!

------------------

Merlin

Doesn't anyone grasp the genius of what Viperflier has done? It's reverse psychology! By asking BTS NOT to release CM, he's betting that the natural effect will be to cause its near-immediate release!

Way to go! wink.gif

Steve C.

[This message has been edited by scarr (edited 02-09-2000).]

Of course by pointing that out its effect is probably negated. And pointing THAT out will negate its effect. The net result is that a quick and soon (in the cosmic sense) release of the game is assured! smile.gif

biggrin.gif

- Bill

Yes,

Scarr has seen to the heart of my nefarious plot. Unfortunately we have a double double negative going and I don't know if the result will be an immediate (if not sooner) release or total program cancellation.

Oh well, praise me if the game comes out soon and blame Scarr if it is delayed. There, all my bases are covered.

P.S. Scarr, don't be upset at my feeble attempt to use you as a scapegoat. After all it is a natural part of combat history.

------------------

Merlin

Guest Mikeman

I've just been gazing into my Crystal Ball again since today is the day I keep seeing for Gold Demo day and it doesn't appear to have happened yet.

It seems I was mistaken. February 9 is the right date, but the wrong planet! It's the Jovian equivalent of Feb. 9 that I've been seeing. That date is March 27!

Gold Demo on March 27, pre-order shipping on April 26. Sorry about the confusion. I usually don't make mistakes like that.

Mikeman out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viperflier:

Oh well, praise me if the game comes out soon and blame Scarr if it is delayed. There, all my bases are covered.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are correct. Since the release date is unknown, you can claim victory whenever CM is released.

However, if the crowd gets rowdy because CM has not been released, you just direct them towards Scarr.

But let me ask you this: Since we are now dealing with a double double negative, wouldn't Scarr get credit for speeding up the release date while you become the scapegoat? confused.gif

------------------

Dan

Doh, I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. In the end, perhaps Scarr and I will be given a ticker tape parade OR we both end up sharing opposite ends of a hangmans rope slung over any convenient branch.

I wonder if Battlefront understands how important this issue is becoming? Peoples lives are hanging in the balance. Normally, I wouldn't care but I am one of the Peoples!

Darn the bad luck

------------------

Merlin