Well It's Not "POO" But It Is Spelled Kinda The Same! POTD's Now On CMHQ!!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

What's POTD you ask? Well for those in the not in the 'KNOW' on the internet POTD's are:

PICTURES OF THE DAY

And we have them and the first one is now available!

Thats right, a fresh new picture from CM each and evry day, umm unless we forget or something else come up... tongue.gif

Check it out... rolleyes.gif

Madmatt out cool.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Very cool as always Madmatt. Will the POTD only showcase things we have already seen (i.e. running anims and pillboxes) or will new features appear in the POTD? Also, any chance for a POTH, POTM, or POTS for the really obsessed people? (O.K. POTS is pretty unrealistic... I can still wish...)

Also, I like the steep hills.

- Bill

Guest Madmatt

The POTD will showcase whatever the hell I feel like taking a picture of that particular day! biggrin.gif

I guess basically if I see something cool BINGO its a POTD!!!! wink.gif

This is not a replacement for the Big-Ass-O-Fun Spectaculars, tis just something to keep you guys busy while I go out and try to lead a real life!

Heheheee tongue.gif

Madmatt... cool.gif

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

This is not a replacement for the Big-Ass-O-Fun Spectaculars, tis just something to keep you guys busy while I go out and try to lead a real life!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Real life? Is that Gold yet? I think the version I have is still an early beta demo. Please, Please release it soon! I've heard the graphics and realism are solid and the AI opponnents are vicious. wink.gif

- Bill

Guest Madmatt

Ehhh....AI needs tweaking yet...Although CoolColJ I hear is working on a "My girlfriend is a Penthouse Pet" mod!!!

Should be good!

Madmatt out... cool.gif

P.S. Umm honey, if your reading this, that mod would be a substantial DOWNGRADE!..hehehe..ummm sweety?...Baby?!? Put that KNIFE DOWN!!!! AGHHH!H!HHH Ugh... eek.gif

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-24-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

I just got on from work, anyone else having problems connecting?

About the bunker's weapons:

No mixing and matching..AT or MG, not both...

Madmatt out cool.gif

p.s.

One more question Thomm, what browser are you using? If you are NOT using either Netscape or IE then try this url for now:

http://combathq.thegamers.net/whatsnew.html

If you are NOT using either of those browsers and that url above works then please email me private and let me know (what browser) as I will have to make a change to some of the HTML code...

Thanks!

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-25-2000).]

Guest phoenix

Well I for one can't find anything called

"Picture of the Week" on the site.

It may just be me, but I find the site to be very confusing to navigate.

Guest Madmatt

Its the picture on the front page that says ummm PICTURE OF THE WEEK, right below the Nav-buttons...Be sure to refresh your browser as you may be seeing a cached copy! CMHQ is updated MANY times in a day even when you don't see new content as I am costantly optimizing the HTML code and adding things behind the scenes.

You should see mention of the POTD in the new Recent Headline table (which is clickable!)

Madmatt...

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Dear Madmatt !

Thanks ! The link works for me smile.gif !

But obviously I missed a POTD frown.gif !

I am using Netscape Navigator 4.7 !

Until some days ago I had no problem using the link in your signature.

As for html: KISS - Keep it simple and stupid wink.gif !

But another question regarding linking CM HQ pages: is it allowed to link to a (sub)page directly or should always the main page be adressed ?

Thanks for the link and regards,

Thomm

Guest Madmatt

Hmmmmm, I just checked the links from here at work (we use Netscape 4.7 as well) and was able to get right on...)

The POTD will have an archive section (with all the old ones) going up once I get about a weeks worth to post...

Link only to:

combathq.thegamers.net

NO DEEPER

That link will auto-forward you to the current start page BUT IT WILL BE CHANGING, SOON!!!

I know that allot of people use combathq.thegamers.net/whatsnew.html as the start page but that is incorrect. That is a forwarded page and is in there as a placeholder...Use the link in my sig or the one above ONLY!!! smile.gif

Also, no use of screenshots or content on CMHQ is permited without written consent by either myself or Fionn Kelly...Thanks! wink.gif

Madmatt out cool.gif

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net