Panzer IV(L70), the mysterious bow MG.

Hey, all.

I am playing my first game using a Panzer IV (L70) and I have noticed that it does not appear to have a Bow MG, BUT when I click on it and pull up the unit description it says that it has a Bow MG. Was'sup with that?

Does it or doesn't it? And if it doesn't then get rid of the the little desc. that says it has one.

If that MG is a commanders MG, well then I have had the tank unbuttoned ALOT and the TC has never fired it, even though he has had plenty of targets.

Thanks,

Jeff

That MG was a late addition.

Both in the game, through a patch, and to the AFV.

Thus the MG is not swivelled mounted and couldn't engage at close range with any brilliant result (under 100 meters IIRC).

A search might help you since it came up before in this forum.

Your only other option is that my answer is ridiculous and that someone will point to that with hard fact and then you'll be better off in the information Dept.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 09-11-2000).]

The mysterious bow MG not so mysterious after all?

Look at the main pic on this site: http://www.kithobbyist.com/AFVInteriors/

It pretty clearly shows the bow MG on a JgdPz IV. A closer inspection shows that it was more of a MG port than a permanently fitted MG, though.

From the description of pic2 in the article: "A machine pistol or MG34/42 could be mounted directly through the front armor plate to the right of the main armament in a very simplified ball mount, the opening of which was protected when not in use by an external conical cover, seen here in the open position."

(got this link from John Kettler's post in this thread: http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/009301.html)

I think you may not be seeing the BMG in action too much due it's short range, kinda like the remote MGs on Hetzers that almost never fire.

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right