CPU usage 100% during demo play?

metrocync

Hello, I am considering buying TacOps but I had a question about CPU usage. As I play on a laptop I am concerned about CPU usage being 100% the whole time during game play. I noted this was the case on the demo (except for the combat phase- CPU usage is 100% during orders phase not sure why). I have killed a few computers this way...

My question is, does this occur during the purchased TacOps gameplay also? Or was this just a demo thing?

Of course playing by mail would solve this problem but I'd really like to play TCP/IP.

Any clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Metrocync

Reducing CPU usage is at the top of the Windows only wish list, however I have taken several quick looks at it over the last year and did not find an easy fix that did not kill the network play mode.

I don't like to promise things that I may not be able to deliver in a timely fashion so if 100% CPU usage is a concern to you, then I recommend that you not buy TacOps4 until such time as that feature changes.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm running recently TACOPS on my laptop and had the same problem. I solved this 100% CPU load by using a CPU limiter called BES. It limits the CPU load for TACOPS only to 50% and my fan of the laptop keeps quiet and TACOPS keeps running fine. So, if the CPU load is a concern, you can use a CPU limiter programm.

Hope it helps for this great game.

Best regards,

Happer

• 2 weeks later...