Continuing the battle

I remember reading in a thread awhile ago(I dont recall the name though)that there will be a option to play out the rest of the battle vs. the AI even after the the battle ended by cease fire, surrender, parked units, etc.. Is this still the case?

This would be a good option IMO. That way,even though the victor has been established, you get to see the fruit of your labors.

Did that make it in?

Thanks,

VS

I think that, by the time the AI surrendered/cease-fired/whatever (except for time-limit) playing further would resemble those really damn annoying battles in Warcraft2 or C&C where you run around for about 30 minutes looking for ONE DAMN unit.

If the AI wants to cut its losses and run, I say a-okay. Then it's on to the next battle and a whole new challenge.

DjB

That's a good idea IMO. On Sid Mierer(I know I didn't spell it right, I never can)'s Gettysburg, after the time limit runs out you can return to the battle and continue it. This is cool because the Victory points go back and forth, instead of just getting them and then ending it, you have to hold it until the enemy forces give up or are wittled down to a few.

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

"Tomorrows killed by yesterday..." -Link80

• 10 months later...

I'd really,really like to see this feature implemented.

I've played a few battles that have ended with me wondering if that last counter-attack would've succeeded or just what would have happened if that Tiger had had the time to get around the flank.And other times I've just wanted to destroy an already beaten opponent for the bloody mindedness of it all(sometimes it's good for the ego).

It could be done like Kampfgruppe.The final points get added up,the winner declared and then the option to keep playing would be given.Anything done after the official end would have no effect on the points total.If you chose to stop playing you'd be shown the normal end of game options.

Sure,it's not important to the game but sometimes it's like reading a good book and finding the last few pages missing.

p.s. I guess while I'm wasting space I'd like to know if it would be possible for a future release of CM to allow the making of maps in 3D.Placing terrain and deciding elevation would be a lot easier if you could see the results right away.