Adding Units To Scenario

Terence

Hi Everyone,

I’m a new player of TacOps. In fact, I just downloaded the game a little while ago and played Team OHara as my first real run through as a scenario. I took quite a beating, but that’s not why I’m posting.

During the first royal asspounding I received, courtesy of the OPFOR and the AI, it occurred to me that a helicopter would be darned useful in scouting for and perforating the Red armor which was so persistent in its rude assaults on my positions.

I resolved therefore to add a helicopter to the forces at my disposal using the tools described in the manual.

Imagine my consternation when I found the Add Unit option entirely greyed out during the setup phase even when I tried selecting and unselecting the Umpire tools option. Any ideas on how to activate the add unit menu or the other Umpire Tools?

Thanks in advance for any replies and thanks to the Major for all the hard work on a really fun game.

Best,

Terence

PS. I won but took 76% casualties, which I imagine is still a failing grade in a real military. Unless Jenna Bush or maybe Jenna Jameson is living in the town at objective A or something.

Once you have advanced past the initial setup turn you will need to select (i.e. place a check mark in) the "Options/Enable Umpire Tools" menu item in order to access such features.

Some scenarios do not have optional unit groups, in which case the "Options/Add Optional Units" will not show anything even when umpire tools are enabled. However, the "Options/Add One Unit" menu item should still be available.

• 2 months later...

After years of excuses, I finally got around to having a look at the TacOps v4 Demo. Some questions:

During game customisation, is it possible to delete or add to forces that begin a scenario off map?

With the full version of the game, is it possible to construct entirely new scenarios for solitaire play? Is it possible to "programme" the AI?

Cheers,

Andy Brown

Hi terence,

Like the major said you cant add forces off map,however there is a way to "delete" them.

In the options menu you have the ability to change the entry times of any particular force/unit which is off map.

If a battle takes an hour and your add ons enter at turn 40 all you have to do is change the entrytime to 1 hour and 1 minute .

Stoffel,

Good point. I'll experiment with that while I continue to muck around with the demo.

Another newbie question (I'm trying to get a feel for the game's strengths and weaknesses).

If a unit is engaged with direct fire, does this fire also affect any units co-located with it or near it (say, within 100 m)?

Cheers,

Andy