Editor jams!!!

I have created two scenarios so far, and both have really been excellent games. No thought went into them, I just gave one side a bunch of forces and gave the other a rough equal and let them slug it out on randomly generated terrain. Oh sure I added a hill here or a cluster of building there. I played one scenario three times, tweeking it, balancing the forces a bit. It was even a lot of fun in an imbalanced state. You never saw so many shattered American forces fleeing haphazardly the way they had come!

This game ROCKS! Jagdtigers are astounding when emplaced, dug in, on a hillside with a panoramic view! JABO! Allied aircover targets AA first, then drops some big bad things on my poor landsers. Pershings die. So do King Tigers. One of my units misidentified a foe as a Stuart when it was a Greyhound, and it showed as a Stuart until it was smashed by my Puma. You guys are going to love this game!!!

Zamo

That is because the game enjoys one of the most sophisticated 21st century AIs ever seen in a wargame.

It reacts to given situations and makes the best of a non-thinking designer wink.gif

That is a joke, Zamo. Put down the bazooka.

And can you imagine what you can do with the editor if you put some thought into it biggrin.gif

I'm just finishing up a new one where two American forces are at either end of the map. One is a rescue force fighting its way to the beleaguered US Rangers.

Its fun to see what happens. Love this AI(computer intelligence)!...Wild Bill

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Well I must admit as a Techy my first reaction to the thread title "Editor jams!!"

was to think

NO not a bug already?

What has this person done to Lock up or freeze the editor?

Well I must be getting old...

I thought if it was Jammed it was frozen or locked up...

but no

I'm relieved to hear (even though I don't have my game yet) that the editor is an AMAZING piece of programing wizardry.

smile.gif

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want to use the editor, I REALLY do. I have several of the resources I need to make a nice Roer dams scenario. But there's a problem. I can't bring myself to stop playing the game long enough to do the design work! tongue.gif I don't know how all you guys do it. Every time I get ready to start I say, "Oh, just one more quick battle!"

------------------

Rob Varak

Editor

Site on Sound: The Web's Premier Site For Musical Discussion www.siteonsound.com

[This message has been edited by RobVarak (edited 06-23-2000).]

Rob,

I've had just as much fun using the scenario editor and map maker the past few days as playing the game. Got my first scenario about half done right now. Man, maps take a lot of work if you want to make one. But even that is kind of fun in its own way.

Mikester