Where's v 1.02?

Guest scottdt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EZJCA:

Are all these people talking about v1.02 referring to the demo? I have 1.01 and keep looking for the 1.02 download but haven't found it. What am I missing?

EZ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the patch that will bring your version up to 1.02 is not yet available. I hear it is due out shortly.

Guest Madmatt

Actually it's not due at all!

The next patch will be v1.03.

v1.02 in the demo ONLY!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Guest Madmatt

If he said 1.3 he MEANT 1.03, but the timing seems about right...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

IIRC didn't BTS say that the second run that just came out was v. 1.02. I remember a post stating that it would be about a week, which they beat BTW, my understanding was that those of us waiting for the new run would receive v. 1.02. This was just a day or two before v. 1.02 of the demo was released.

------------------

...But the voice of a schoolboy rallies the ranks, 'Play up! Play up! and play the game!' Vitai Lampada--Sir Henry Newboldt

Play the game! Motto of 1st Bn, 50th Infantry, US Army.

Here are some of Fionn's comments in the other forum. He refers to the V1.02 & V1.03 patches as V1.2 & V1.3. I would assume V1.03 has everything V1.02 has.

"I just had CAS appear in a DYO game using the V1.2 patch ( not public yet) which allows DYO games to have the defender receive up to 5000 points ( 5 times the size of current DYO games)."

"I think you guys are going to see the V1.3 patch late next week.

Turns out that V1.2 was just for us testers.. Charles ( workaholic that he is wink.gif ) just couldn't resist taking the day or two in which we messed around with V1.2, to make sure it didn't break anything, to add a whole load more features and so now he's created a V1.3 patch wink.gif

I swear to God that if I hadn't seen pictures of him and could verify that there were no input/output ports in the back of his head I WOULD believe the rumours that he was a cyborg who lived off coffee and was plugged directly into a computer to generate code 24 hours a day.

Anyways, basically, late next week V1.3 should be released barring any unforseen errors ( which, in this business one can never rule out wink.gif ).

Due to popular demand Charles added random time of day, random weather and random force experience options into the DYO battle editor. That's the biggest difference between 1.2 and 1.3 that I've noticed so far."