New CM-RPG ran by myself and seahawk.

Greetings.

This idea sprang from wanting a multi-person game, but during only one battle.

It will play a little like the CMMC but much much smaller in scale.

A brief overview follows.

We are looking for 6 players to start this. So far we have 3.

Just a little update,

Seahawk and myself maybe giving this a try in the near future.

I'm really bad with the written word but I'll give you guys the basic overlay (details still need some work)

2 GM's will control the allies and axis side. With 2 or 3 players per side controlling a company and its support units.

I'll give a fake OOB and players for an example.

German Side:

GM: Lorak

players: Tom, Dick and Harry

OOB: 3 rifle-45 companies, 6 halftracks, 2 stugs and an 105 FO

Each player is assigned 1 company and 2 half tracks.

2 stugs and FO controlled by Lorak (since they can't break apart even and are independent assets)

Lorak starts game, Sends e-mail giving each player their objectives, then sends to Tom.

Tom plots his moves, adds request to e-mail, saves game sends to Dick.

Dick plots, adds request, saves game sends to Harry

Harry plots moves, adds request, saves game sends to Lorak.

Lorak looks at request for artillery, tank support, ect.. plots those, creates file and sends to the Other GM.

Turn is sent back, starts all over...

Sounds like a lot, But for the individual player, it wouldn't be anymore than taking on another PBEM game. I think it would be a lot of fun due to the teamwork, ect...

I figure with good turn around time, your looking at 3-4 days a turn. maybe less.

First Battle would be a meeting engagment.

second battle depends on first. Losers become defenders next game, ect...

Thats the idea.

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

This is a cool idea, but intermittent travel prevents my reliable participation right now (don't wanna hold a group back).

I would be interested later this summer.

You should definitely maintain and publish an AAR. I know many of us would be extremely interested, especially in the management element (differing views from HQs on the same side, etc.). You may wish to publish it posthumously- errr, afterwards. biggrin.gif

Sorry Paul, you just missed the cut.

Will write you down as an alternate though in case someone drops out.

Well... we have 2 full teams! Thanks to those of you that have decided to try this out.

Stay tuned and will let you know how it is going, and how this style of play turns out.

Lorak

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

Myself being an old role player, what's the actual role playing here? Do all players have a character they play? Like Cpt. Stonewall who never retreats (and pays the consequences), 1st Ltn. Hopper who always starts drinking after the battle is going on, etc?

And do these characters have conversations along the lines of "Hey I just heard from Army HQ that those damn Paras have taken a bridge over Rhein... looks like we're not needed anymore." "Damn, I hope they fail."

How about interrogations of captured enemies? "Ach, wir haben zwei Tiger in die Reserve..."

Seems like endless source of possibilities, but I suppose your focus is on the tactical combat.

Thank you Lorak for putting me on alternate list. Is it possible to email me the movies once the action starts? Like after each round is completed. I think that it would be fun just to watch and observe and that way I can learn your format and be able to step in, in case some commander becomes a casualty. HeHe.

Good luck, guys.

I'd like to second Mark IV - please, if you can, make some AAR out of this. It would be good to see how it works out. I know this started in a CM RPG tread, but the interesting thing seems to be how team-work plays out.

Huron