Why Neitsche was Wrong or That Which DOES Kill You Makes Cool POTDs! Wed. on CMHQ!!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

biggrin.gif

I love me! wink.gif

I need to head out for most of the day so the CMHQ update is just a POTD but its a cool one and goes hand in hand with lastnights...

Enjoy, I know I did!

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

biggrin.gif

I love me! wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kinda figured. But don't worry, MM, I won't tell your girlfriend. wink.gif

Showing trucks & jeeps getting toasted by armor seems to have a sadistic bent to it. wink.gif But then....war is just plain sadistic in its typical nature anyway. And I suppose the Germans needed a little payback for your earlier "Jabo" series.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Showing trucks & jeeps getting toasted by armor seems to have a sadistic bent <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rather the point of "breaking through", isn't it? Regrettably common occurence in WWII...

But Nietzsche wrong? 2 out of 3's not bad. Cool POTDs. Definitely Wednesday. But wrong? Beware, lest an idol crush thee! wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Mark IV (edited 04-06-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Hey, it was fair! The Ami's had two whole M10's and a Chaffee to boot! They should of had flank protection out!

Not my fault...I just build um, the AI plays them! wink.gif

ok, sure, the Germans had a King Tiger a Hetzer, a couple of halftracks with 75's, a Wirblewind and some other odds and ends but like you said: It's War! biggrin.gif

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

My apologies, Matt. I should rather imply that the scene LOOKS sadistic, rather than to imply sadism on any one person. redface.gif

Yep, it's war indeed. Of course, the noted POTD is nothing on the sadism scale compared to the likely taunts that'll be thrown about between players after CM is released. wink.gif

MadMatt,

The offerings at CMHQ are indeed impressive, but graphic coolness notwithstanding, the font is tough to read and having to read that spindly font as white on black is a real bear. It gives me headaches, in fact. Also, how are we supposed to print out Fionn's pearls of armor wisdom without gobbling up a printer cartridge per page? After all, we're talking printing white on a black background using white paper.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running Netscape Communicator 4.5.1 on a gen one iMac.

Regards,

John Kettler

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Kettler:

... Also, how are we supposed to print out Fionn's pearls of armor wisdom without gobbling up a printer cartridge per page? After all, we're talking printing white on a black background using white paper.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John: I'm not technical but I have experienced your concern. What happens is that the background is black, but doesn't print. So it's actually white on white (saving LOTS of ink biggrin.gif ) What I do is to open the page/frame in Composer, select the text (deleting whats not wanted) and change the text color to black (it's on the composer banner next to font size) then I can print it out. Try that and see if it works.

Guest Madmatt

Another solution in Netscape is to select 'Save As' and save the page as a normal text file. This will allow you to print just the text as well.

About the black background...Aint gonna change..Suck it up... wink.gif

About the Arial Font..--->See above regarding the background.

That is all...

Madmatt

p.s. Hmmm, been looking at those articles with Netscape to see how looks through that browser...Hmmmm, perhaps I can widen the spacing between the words as it doesn't seem as cramped with IE... Let me look into this some more...

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 04-08-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 04-08-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Kettler:

Also, how are we supposed to print out Fionn's pearls of armor wisdom without gobbling up a printer cartridge per page? After all, we're talking printing white on a black background using white paper.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running Netscape Communicator 4.5.1 on a gen one iMac.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John,

go to your Netscape Preferences, select "Colors" under "Appearance." There's a checkbox that says something like "always use my colors, overriding document." Check this box, and also set more reasonable text and background colors (say, black on white). Do this and you should be able to print just fine. Note that you can do something similar to override the document's fonts with your own preferences.

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

Hmmm ... I tried replying to John's post earlier, but my message hasn't showed up in the thread. Using the "Post Reply" button for the thread instead:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>the font is tough to read and having to read that spindly font as white on black is a real bear. It gives me headaches, in fact. Also, how are we supposed to print out Fionn's pearls of armor wisdom without gobbling up a printer cartridge per page? After all, we're talking printing white on a black background using white paper.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running Netscape Communicator 4.5.1 on a gen one iMac.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John,

go to your Netscape Preferences and look at the page for "Colors" (under "Appearance"). There's a checkbox there that says "Always use my colors, overriding page." Check this box, and pick some non-offensive colors for text and background (say, black and white wink.gif). Note you can do something similar in the "Fonts" page to override the page-specified fonts.

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley