Just a thought on CM.

Guest MantaRay

Guest MantaRay

Does anyone realize that this game is the "rookie" game in this series and will most likely just be an average game by the time BTS does a few more of these games?

I mean, by the time CM4: Almost Beyond the Peng Thread comes out, we will be looking back and saying, "It was great in 1999, but this blows it's doors off."

I remember when people used to call the late 90's the "Golden Age of Gaming." I think that we havent seen anything yet, and BTS has given new hope to most of us about the state of gaming in the future.

I think that Steve, Charles, and now Matt and Kwazy are getting tired of the compliments, but this is almost a different game now as it was when it first shipped. I think everyone should show their appreciation and admiration, especially to Matt and Kwazy, who until recently were not even "full-timers" to the game.

Thank You,

Ray

Amen to that. It's my guess that by the time CM 4 is released, we'll all look back and have a bit of a chuckle at how archaic CM 1 seems to be. Then it will be time for CM 5 "Beyond Beyond Overlord" just to go back and bring this theatre of operations up to par.

------------------

"I'm the Quarterback. I make the plays. You back the plays I make." -Harvey Keitel to his adopted son in the movie "Dusk til Dawn" (about 3 hours before they're both ripped apart and eaten alive by vampires)

...or then, after retirement years, we'll gather to some board to grumble how wargames are no more what they used to be back in the good ol' early 21st century, when CMBO was played and wargamers were made of iron. Even my favourites are the classics from 80's which I certainly wouldn't play a minute if they were published today.

It's going to be great watching CM evolve and get better with each release.

It'll be like having a child of my own.

Me:"CM,did you work on those bugs like I told you to? and look at all of those mods you have lying around.That's it no desert for you."

------------------

Yes, It's a dirty job but someone has to groom these monkies.

This game really has put the tactical wargame in a whole new light.

I wonder if Charles has given thought to an operational game in the vein of Road to Moscow, that lost wonder that iEN in their marketing narrowmindedness dropped.