a bug, or am I crazy....

SF

Was setting up A pbem game this morning when I encountered a problem that if i'm not mistaken has somehow been introduced with 1.05 patch.

I was attempting to load a platoon of rifle44 squads onto their respective transports (250/1's) and CM wouldn't allow me to embark them....So, I setup a quick battle to see what troops will load onto 250/1's and no full squads can embark onto these HT's, but 251/1's will except squads.

Guest Scott Clinton

The "Transport Class" is a separate rating from the unit's "Capacity".

IIRCC "Transport Class" is used as well as a unit's transport "Capacity" to determine what a vehicle can 'carry'. For example a vehicle may be able to transport 12men but it can't tow an 88 Flak. It could perhaps tow a smaller gun and it crew. Sorry, I am at work so I can't quote better/more specific examples...but, it's all covered in the manual, I am sure. wink.gif

BTW: The 250 was a much smaller version of the 251. It was used mainly for command and control and recon work. Rommel used one in North Africa as his mobile CP (for example). Bottom line, half squads only for the 250.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 09-20-2000).]

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott Clinton:

BTW: The 250 was a much smaller version of the 251. It was used mainly for command and control and recon work. Rommel used one in North Africa as his mobile CP (for example).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only until his troops captured a British prime mover for a 25 lbr. which he had converted to a command vehicle and nicknamed "Mammut" ("Mammoth"). There are photos of it in The Rommel Papers.

Michael