Guest Big Time Software

Look closely and you'll see the metal fragments shoot downward in the air (tree) bursts too. smile.gif

Charles

KiwiJoe,

Short answer--airbursts. The reason for this is that there is no masking of blast or shell fragments (NOT shrapnel, as some mistakenly think) by partial burial of the shell in the ground. Also, airbursts, whether incidental from shells going off in the trees overhead or deliberately caused by use of mechanical time (MT,clockwork) or variable time (VT, radar proximity) fuzes tends to negate defensive terrain, such as field fortifications, craters, ditches, walls, open top AFVs, etc., while maximizing wound potential against the head and vital organs. In other words, airbursts make shells more efficient at killing and wounding than they would otherwise be.

Ugly, gruesome to be true, but you asked! You might also search under MT,VT, fuses (because some people can't spell properly) and fuzes (the right spelling).

Hope this helps.

John Kettler

Formerly a military analyst for Hughes and Rockwell International.

I was just going to ask if air bursts were possible or were going to be added. I knew men dreaded them from reading a band of brothers by Sthephen Ambrose. You know BTS just keeps impressing me and surprising me. So Steve can we get an update on the process of shipping the final game?