Just wanted to say - GREAT GAME.

Just wanted to take a moment to congratulate the makers of Combat Mission (CM) on a job very well done. This is coming from a computer game player who mostly plays first person shooters (Counter-Strike, FireArms, etc) and never has even tried a war/strategy game in the past (please keep your snide anti-FPS remarks to yourself please). I read two glowing reviews of CM in PC Gamer and CGW and was intrigued enough to download the demo yesterday. I was blown away by how fun it was and proceeded to spent about 8 hours straight playing it (which did not make the wife too happy). Anyway I just wanted to say

GREAT GAME and I'm ordering a copy of the full version right now!

Assimilation feels kind-of like swallowing Jell-O. Try to relax and it goes much smoother (the CM Borg is very experienced by now). In your introduction-hologram, a portly blue-coated hologram with a moustache walks up and says "welcome aboard.":

Regards! Welcome to a fine wargame with a friendly community....

Wendell

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>(please keep your snide anti-FPS remarks to yourself please).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You said Please twice ... is that the FPS equivilant of a double tap? biggrin.gif Asking people on this board NOT to do something is practically guaranteed to get one of them to do it ... luckily I happened by at the right time.

Seriously, welcome to the board, it's a great game.

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>'a portly blue-coated hologram with a moustache walks up and says "welcome aboard."'

Wild Bill, is that you...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, no. That'd be my "avatar" in a EDF naval uniform, but otherwise matching reality smile.gif. Thank you for confusing me with Wild Bill Wilder, though (a man I deeply respect for all he's done for us wargamers).

Wendell

---

As for quotes: "Death may be the greatest of all human blessings." - Socrates

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

PedMeg,

Its great news, hope CM is in stock when U ordered.(your wife does not though, cuz U will be testing the penetration values of diffrent guns against diffrent armors all night long for 2 days. Funny how I can predict the future.