Cheapest, slowest PCs running CM?

I am running CM with tons of mods on an old Pentium Pro laptop, no 3D card that I know of, 64M of RAM.

The game looks great, the only thing is that fog = totally grey screen, can't even see the key combinations (the screen that shows Alt-A, and so on).

Is anyone else running CM on old hardware, and if so, what is it, and how does the game look?

Some people on the SSI forum are insinuating that you need new hardware to run CM.

Not so I say.

smile.gif

You may not need new hardware, but it is sure a good excuse to go get a new kick ass system! wink.gif

Don't tell my wife, she thinks I got the new computer because I NEEDED it for working at home.

Pentium 200, 32 meg RAM, 12 meg voodoo 2 3d card + 4 meg svirge card, seems to run ok but does not support fog. ok for battles up to about 1500 pts. It didn't like the hires grass so had to knock that mod back, but everything else it good, no lock ups etc.

Makes it kinda hard to justify a whole new system basically just to play a game. (although I would still like to smile.gif)

My old PC was a Pentium 200 w/ 80Mb RAM and a 16Mb Voodoo3 2000. My only complaint was processing turns. This machine ran every scenario fairly well, (except the large ones) and you can buy an equivalent used PC at any used place for about 200 bucks (17 inch monitor included) with another 60 for a new Voodoo at WalMart.

------------------

CrapGame