little help,

ok, i know this isnt exactly the place to go for stuff like this but oh well.

i just downloaded a fire and explosions mod, from CMHQ. i made a little scenario to see how they looked heheh. i made the map as small as possible and gave the germans some 150mm SPs and the allies some halftracks =].

now, of course, their were lots of knocked out/burning halftracks at the end, but i didnt see ONE explode during the fighting. sure, upon getting a direct hit, theyd catch fire, but a 150mm HE shell seems like it would EXPLODE a little old halftrack. how can i see the new explosions?

btw theres pictures of a sherman exploding, and it looks pretty nice =] check these out:

err i dont know how to post an image so got to http://combathq.thegamers.net/

then click on 3rd Party Mods

then click Special Effects, Backgrounds and Miscellaneous

then click page

dosent that look pretty cool? how can i make my vehicles blow up?

Depends what you mean by "explosion". The mod you're talking about changes any explosion... from exploding vehicles to the bursts from artillery/mortar/HE fire. I'd setup an artillery FO and watch the fireworks.

I've yet to find a reliable way to get vehicles to explode. Usually it's light skinned vehicles, but a Sherman of mine blew up quite exquisitely when a random artillery shell landed on it smile.gif

------------------

“Fortune favors the brave" - Terence

Explosions of vehicles is a random factor. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesnt.

However, I have observed that MOST of the time, it is the tanks which explode, not the AFV's.

So do the following test:

1) Place a good number of KT's on one side of a medium/small size map.

2) Place twice or even three times that number of Shermans on the other side.

3) Get a suitably large box of Pop corn and press "Go!"

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Parasite,

[iron Chef Theme] If memory serves me right...... That picture of the explosion had the turrent added it for graphical effect (and I guess it works). Flying turrents are not (yet) part of the game, but I could be wrong.[/iron Chef Theme]

------------------

"Do not needlessly endanger your lives until I give you the signal"

Dwight D. Eisenhower

aha i figured it out. since im using the warez version of CM (i know im evil, but im a jobless 14 year old. Ill order CM as soon as i get the cash) i figured that maybe the rippers had taken out the explosions. so i got the demo and sure enough insted of a shell just plowing into the ground and throwing up a bunch of debris, it actually explodes. well. i havent yet been able to see if i can get a vehicle to explode yet though, the two demo maps dont really have any very heavy tanks/guns.

ok a final note. if anybody here has a cable connection, i was wondering if you could do me a BIG favor and iso your CM cd and upload it too me? =] i know it sounds greedy here but im kind of desperate. besides its easy to do and wont hurt your CD at all and wont take a sec to upload. PLEASE. i beg of you all!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ParasiteX9:

aha i figured it out. since im using the warez version of CM (i know im evil, but im a jobless 14 year old. Ill order CM as soon as i get the cash) i figured that maybe the rippers had taken out the explosions. so i got the demo and sure enough insted of a shell just plowing into the ground and throwing up a bunch of debris, it actually explodes. well. i havent yet been able to see if i can get a vehicle to explode yet though, the two demo maps dont really have any very heavy tanks/guns.

ok a final note. if anybody here has a cable connection, i was wondering if you could do me a BIG favor and iso your CM cd and upload it too me? =] i know it sounds greedy here but im kind of desperate. besides its easy to do and wont hurt your CD at all and wont take a sec to upload. PLEASE. i beg of you all!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd send you an ISO, but I can't email it due to mailbox restrictions. Can I just have the FBI hand deliver it along with the warrant to search?

Let me know.

Boy did you pick the wrong day to quit sniffing glue my little friend.

Perhaps broadcasting that you are are using a warez copy of the game on the very same companies webpage is considered smart where you come from but it is severly frowned on here.

So go run along and play with all your little warez buddies and leave us alone...

Madmatt