TCP/IP Headcount please read

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave away my game (to my nephew) as I was spending way to much time playing it. I am certain when TCP/IP comes out I will be buying another copy. A game clock would be a nice feature. Additionally this would be very vice compliment to team play . None of us are looking for RTS (obviously) but a game clock is still nice option. I remember playing my brother via telephone in the game Perfect General. He took forever to take his turn. It would really piss me off. I found out years later (from his wife) that he would take a nap during his turn. He considered this to be pyschological warfare.

I am currently playing the demo and awaiting delivery of the full game.

However much I LOVE the game, and think it is THE BEST WWII game out there, I most certainly would not have bought it had there been no plans for internet play.

So ..... ROLL ON TCP/IP!!!

POL.

Guest MantaRay

I know this is a bad thing to admit, but I loved playing East Front on MPlayer. Made the game much more fun than PBEM. I for one havent been playing CM for a while, but today I started again.

TCP/IP is a must!

Ray

Guest apocalypse66

TCP/IP Please oh please come out soon!! I wait for the day i seee the download section with a new date in it with patch 1.6. i will download it with glee as i prepare an allied onslaught on th scum axis!!!!! Bring it on!! Like when!????

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SF:

Can't wait for the tcp/ip patch. Pbem games are fun, no doubt, but a touch on the time consuming side. smile.gif Have tried xferring files via icq but it didn't work, any thoughts?

B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PBICQ rules. What's not working about it, Snot? I can't help you if you don't tell the nurse your symptoms. =D ICQ always works for me and Todd. Even worked for us playing Vampi and Lank, and they're about as lame as they come! :o

Kitty =^..^=

Playing my first PBEM game using e-mail instead of ICQ...can't seem to send a file to him via ICQ...we both have cable modems, so speed is not an issue....

The main reason I wanted TCP/IP was confirmed during this game: continuity

When playing out 30 minutes or so of real time, it loses some of the tension when exchanging all those turns....Fun, but not as great as TCP/IP will make it

TCP/IP: Oh my yes...

Two questions, however:

a) Will CM spawn for servers? I've already bought 3 copies (wouldn't necessarily MIND) buying a fourth, just want to know if I'll HAVE to.

B) Maybe more of a comment. We're almost certainly going to have to come up with "house" (my how that expression changes in the era of the internet smile.gif) rules for on-line CM. I, for one, do not like the grid line mods and would prefer not to play with those that have them. I suspect similar issues will crop up. Not that the two are even close quality-wide but "Dark Omen" the RTS game based on the Warhammer universe eventually required an entire set of tournament rules just to keep multi-play in line. That, however, may speak more to the balance of the system than not...

Regards,

Cyrano

------------------

"Watching others make friends, as a dog makes friends. I mark the manner of these canine courtesies and say, 'Thank God, here comes another enemy'" -- Rostand

Guest Scott Clinton

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I remember playing my brother via telephone in the game Perfect General. He took forever to take his turn. It would really piss me off. I found out years later (from his wife) that he would take a nap during his turn. He considered this to be pyschological warfare.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! Now that is funny! Best thing I have heard all week, thanks. smile.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 09-27-2000).]