VOT spoiler... incredible first turn

Guest grunto

Guest grunto

in pbem the 150ig and the 75mm pb took out the two sherm 105s within about 200millseconds of each other... the 'knocked out' message popped up on both at virtually the same time ... that was at :17 seconds into turn 1...

i don't know what the rest of the battle will bring but that was a decent start...

andy

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Titan:

must a chance in a million ive never done it

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a recent thread in which Steve or Charles have explained that, you could do a search if you are really interested. Just a suggestion.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schugger:

You can actually kill a sherman with the german mortars?????

I give it a try when Black Sabot lifts his smoke screen for a while biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, you're not going to have any mortars left to try...so sorry wink.gif

------------------

"I do like to see the arms and legs fly"

Tank hunting with mortars is fun. However I can't penetrate the top armor of the stuggs in last defense. I don't think my opponents knew that cause the shelling caused them to displace wink.gif Popping halftracks in Last Defense is real easy. Know your weapons!

In my own experience the VERY first game of VoT I played I was the Ami and used the arty to target the Panther which was sitting Pretty up on hill 209 and Low and behold to both my and my opponent's amazement one shell landed right on the turret and Knocked out the Main Gun and caused one casuality, it was the third turn after the the Panther showed up, see the "stats" below for odds as calculated by Captain Foobar....

see the thread "can Geram 81 MM arty do anything against tanks.

-tom w

There is a thread here that shows the results of an Ami Arty Attack on the Panther that was tested by Captain Foobar Posted this:

"Coincidentally, I did a test last night of arty effectiveness vs. tanks...

Here is he setup:

1 Panther buttoned, sitting in the open, staionary.

1 105mm Forward Observer, with LOS on the Panther, in clear weather,

with no harrassment.

120 seconds later, the first shells were 5 seconds from firing, and I

calculated this specific turn 20 separate times.

Results:

8 times ---------- no effect

5 times ---------- immobilised

3 times ---------- gun damage

immobilised

3 times ---------- gun damage

1 times ---------- Brewed Up

So that's 8 times nothing, 12 times damage. I was very intrigued, but not surprised, those 105's make a pretty big boom. This could have

been an outlier, as I only calced it 20 times, but it has to be AT LEAST somewhat likely to produce these kinds of results.... I dont think I will waste my time if the enemy armor is on the move, but those lame ducks are going to feel my wrath!!! "