buildings (**)

i did a search on the (double asterick) but all i got was a blank white screen!

i am engaged in a QB and upon entering a 'heavy building' i noticed them. i could not find anything in the book about them. does this have an explanation somewhere?

now i'm off to search (buildings) so pardon me if i find an answer before you reply, its just that i had this all typed out when i thought of a 2nd search opton smile.gif

move those troops out NOW! The building's on the verge of collapse if hit with a few arty or tank rounds. heavily damaged, run, run, run!

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

* means upwards of 50% damage

** means upwards of 75% damage

This change was instituted in a patch, hence the lack of reference in the manual. It was required because people kept complaining about their soldiers being squashed by falling masonry – ie. when you see two asterisks, get your men out unless they are in no danger.

David

button.gif

------------------

Somewhere between a joke and a conspiracy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sarge:

BTW russellmz...your warning was too late frown.gif

but appriciate the heads up<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry to hear dude.

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Guest Madmatt

Don't forget that you can also enable LABELS and get a textual damage indictor during the order phases. It say's "Damaged" and "Severely Damaged" (or the equivalent, can't remember the exact wording right now) for those buildings when they get hit enough.

*=aprrox 50% damage

**=approx 75% damage

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 11-01-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sharpie:

Where did you see the ** ???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you click on a unit in a heavily damaged building, it will say "Located in heavy building **" or "Moving in heavy building. **" Also, if you use the line of sight or target tools and get a LOS to a building, it will say "Light building * 545m."

Just because a building only has one *, don't assume it's safe. I've seen two story light buildings with only 1 * collapse after one 75mm shell hit them.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game