Idea for CM 2 Attn : Steve

Hi Steve

While setting up a match today I had an idea that I thought may be a nice addition to CM2 ..would this be possible?

How about have a secondary targeting factor -

so you can designate a primary target and a secondary target

Also having a priority overide while designating an area target would also be a great supplement

just a thought

thanks

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

Hey. In one of the screenshots in the GamesDomain preview of CM there is an orders menu with the 'target next' command. This may be what you are looking for, though I don't recall any discussion on this board explaining it in detail.

Ron

I think that the Tac-AI takes care of all this stuff. The better the experience, the better the unit will follow the orders best suited for it. Possibly the orders you have in mind would not be the best due to unforseen accident, and you wouldn't want the AI to ignore a new and presently more important target than one that is less of a threat. I say, let the Tac-AI do what it does best, REACT.

MAjor TOM -- I didn't want the targeting to be locked in with the AI unable to act...

what brought about my idea was the fact I was targeting a building after x shots the building falls - I would like to be able to change targeting if this happens by means of a secondary target

As far as the initial idea of a primary and secondary - this would just be a consideration for the AI when choosing targets based on our preferences and orders.

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hey. In one of the screenshots in the GamesDomain preview of CM there is an orders menu with the 'target next' command. This may be what you are looking for, though I don't recall any discussion on this board explaining it in detail.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Target next just cycles through the available targets for that selected unit. It is not what you guys are looking for.

Bil