Is a Good WW2 FPS Game Possible?

I'm looking forward to Team Fortress 2.

True you'll have a bunch of idiot kids running around being stupid. But you have that everywhere.

You just have to find a good group to play with. For example I was a big "Tribes" player. Once we had a good group that got together and played at about the same time all the time it was great. You can easily work out team roles, statagy and goals. After a bit of playing everyone of us knew exactly what the other was going to be doing.

Team games like this can be fun or a bitch. It all depends on who your counting on.

Lorak

Team work is possible in team oriented games, you just have to be with the right people. A commander needs good soldiers in those games although I'm not a fps player. I beta tested Allegiance just for the fun of it and in that game you needed much cooperation to win a game. I hooked up with a squad that had no problems with listening to the commander and they kicked butt. Or chain of command, if you listen to the commander then it is easier to win games. I have no opinion on WW2 Fps, although I'm hoping to be part of the ww2 online beta test, also just for the fun of it.

Another thing I'd like to see is good weapons modeling. I'm kinda specific about this

I think that when you run around your gun should be visible like in most FPS. It should be modeled in 3D, though so it can move around and bob up and down in your hands. When you aim at something, a mouse button should be pushed and you would shoulder the gun. Now you'd be looking straigt through the sights, making aiming much more realistic.

Ohh... That Mexican food I had last night is killing my insides!

------------------

Ah scheist.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Johnson-<THC>-:

but like I said It seems to get buggier as the add more stuff to it, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You seem to know many bugs, but I haven't seen any email from you telling what those bugs are?

Please, e-mail any of those bugs to: fishu@nlm.cjb.net

prem1919-2.jpg

M1919A6 under construction without textures

[This message has been edited by Fishu (edited 08-19-2000).]

Guest MantaRay

Counterstrike is fun, and "good" players use team tactics quite a bit.

WWIIOL is going to be a good game, and the most "complete" of any WWII FPS game.

TF2 isnt a WWII game to my knowledge, and I have been following it for a few years.

And Seal Team was so awesome and was going to be remade, but the game has been mothballed and will never see the light of day.

Maybe Steve and Charles will get bored someday and make a realistic WWII FPS game. LOL J/K

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

FISHU!!!! Cool, hey man. I just got versian .31 and its super tight so far. The sounds are totally great. I had some problems with the last .30. Some people did not have it....some had the MG 42 patch....anyways just got done playing it for an hour online with some new maps, and It was great.

Guys,

I am a big fan of H & D. I played the game from beginning to end and after the 3rd patch I highly recommend the game. I personally didn't know why everyone made such a big fuss about the bugs. It wasn't that bad!!

I didn't buy Devils Bridge (add on) b/c I was pissed off that they changed the first person view, and I also heard that the load times were too long. But we will see what will happen with H&D2.

I can only recommend this game. Excellent WW2 atmosphere and lots of fun.