Sobikop

Sobikop,

Welcome. I (and probably many others here) would be glad to throw some free advice over the wall to you. Why don't you tell us about one scenario in particular you played. We can give you some suggestions. Then you can play it again and see if you do any better. How about it?

Are there any uparmored humvees on v.4.04? i'm tired of having my humvees' knocked out by light machine gun fire. i mean if they were to take some kind of damage that would be understandable, but completely destroyed i think not. so in accordance to your posting rules i think your opfor light machine guns are way to powerful. also i'm not sure if it was a different version but i remember playing this and having an au/nz 5 man recon team but i haven't been able to locate it on the disk that my father gave me can you help me out at all

You can always exchange the hummvees for some AFV with the same capacity. Since TacOps doesn't model most of the other differences that would work fine.

There's no way that an unarmored humvee can withstand 7.62 MG fire, but in general anti-vehicle fire in TacOps is pretty lethal and smallarms are assumed to have the penetration of the best ammo available for the weapon.

There's a 5-man recon team with Steyr rifles in the database.

> Are there any uparmored humvees on v.4.04?

The HMMWV TOW with 5/5/5 is the only armored HMMWV in TacOps.

I have been thinking about adding uparmored HMMWVs to TacOps but I have not been able to find consistant info on what they can resist.

If you really do have v404 you should go to the downloads page and get the v405AU update package.

http://www.battlefront.com/downloads.html

> i remember playing this and having an au/nz 5 man recon

> team but i haven't been able to locate it on the disk that

> my father gave me can you help me out at all

There are 4 and 5 man teams in the AU/NZ part of the data base. Update to v405AU before looking for them though. There are a lot more AU/NZ units in that version.

thanks for the responses' but i still can't locate that recon team i've been combining 3 2man recon teams but they don't really have the fire power that a lrs unit would have. since that is what i'm trying to simulate i compromised and trie dusing six man ca inf. sections w/ C7's, C9's, and laaws(m72)but they are visible at 100 meters unlike the units designated recon which are visible at 50 meters. so i'll probaly just stick with what i've been doing but if anyone has any suggestions (besides be more careful) it would be greatly appreciated

p.s. my dad and i both love the game and have been playing it since ver.3 keep upp the good work

MAJH,

As a start, why not assume that the HMMWV with the MK19, the M-2 .50 cal, and the 7.62 (M1025/M1026) are basically the same vehicle as the M996 TOW HMMMWV. The should have the same 5/5/5 as the TOW HMMWV. Then, using references (including manufacturer's propaganda) extrapolate for the later variants (eg M1114). Probably less than an LAV-25 or a STRYKER. (That's how I'd probably handle it if I were building (or modifying) a piece of equipment in, say, BBS or JANUS, given the limited amount of changes that we can make at the Battle Simulation Center level.

Check out this link as a start-

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/hmmwv.htm

Enjoy TACOPS- BUT I think you SERIOUSLY overmodeled the OPFOR light anti- armor weapons and the lethality of their MANPADS, especially against attack helicopters.

Belated Happy 229th Marine Corps Birthday!

Semper fi

Originally posted by twiggzz:

thanks for the responses' but i still can't locate that recon team . . . but if anyone has any suggestions (besides be more careful) it would be greatly appreciated

Assuming you've downloaded the AU patch, I'd check for the following:

AU/NZ box is not checked on the Add One Unit or the Change Units and Weapons dialog. But you probably know that.

Looking in the wrong category, dismounted elements are all listed as "Infantry" with recon as a sub-type. But you probably know that too.

So the most likley reason is - Bad download. This has happened to me at least twice over the years. My current copy will not display the unit - VLB Leopard Vehicle Launched Bridge. Iknow it's there becuase I have the Oct 23 CPX replay files and my opponent had two of them.