help with mortars....

I've read somewhere that mortars are very good at taking out fixed gun positions. Yet very time I get 3 or 4 of my mortar guys together and get them to CHARGE a fixed gun position they get shot to bits, run away and leave there little tripod thingies in the middle of the field. Anyone else have this problem wink.gif

Charging with mortars isn't the best approach. Give them cover and advance slowly.

Better yet, if you have a good , high postion, let a Headquarters unit spot for your mortars--which are back on a reverse slope. I tend to use FOs more than on map mortars, though.

------------------

Land Soft--Kill Quiet

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ginkgo:

I've read somewhere that mortars are very good at taking out fixed gun positions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.... biggrin.gif

Maybe they should 'take out' a nice girl to a posh restaurant. That could be your problem. I find fixed gun positions actually make dreadful dates.

Eeeek!!

And there's me lifting the mortar to my lips and trying to blow the shells out!! No wonder I can't hit anything.... mgwhore.gif

------------------

------------------------

"He wasn't a leader of men. More a follower of women."

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ginkgo:

Tis a joke no... i mean i really know how to use mortars, no i do really, they are like a great big hollow club and you use them to hit Gerry on the head with right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Works for me! biggrin.gif

If their heads are so hard they dent the tube, use the bombs instead. Just be sure to remove the safety pin before you swing it.

Michael