Request for 1.0x

I know this has been mentioned before, but what I'd like to see as part of the quick battle is a method for loading a pre-made map.

As part of the setup screen, on "Map Size", have "Small", "Medium", "Large", and "Select". Choosing "Select" would pull one off disk and skip the map generation screen. This would allow you to create a map, predesignate some units, and then use for quick battles.

Actually I hate that "small" map size changes depending on number of points for Quick battle. When you select 5000 pts your small map is HUGE.

I wish small map stayed small independantly of number of points.

BTS - PLEASE keep map sizes independant from number of units. Let me play on small map if I want to.

Or let me play Quick battle on the map of my choice!

• 2 months later...

I'm kicking this topic to the top, because I too want to be able to load a pre-made map for a quick battle.

For example - let's say my buddy and I want a QB in the Normandy Hedgerows, it would be great to be able to use the map from the Le Lorey scenario. Most likely the map generator isn't going to give me a good hedgerow map, so it would be nice to use my own. Also, the map generator is quite good, but it can't provide the variety that user-made maps can.

How about it? Please add this feature in a patch.

Kinda redundant don't you think? You can already do this with the Editor although it can't be played with "Quick Battle" mechanics, ie. manual force selections.

------------------

All that sleeps, awakens...

All that awakens, hungers...

All that hungers, feeds...

I too would love to see this, but...

I suspect problems/weaknesses with the AI might surface in some QB's on user maps. Dealing with rivers, moving via very circuitous routes in order to close with the objective, etc. As brilliant as the AI is, user made maps would probably appear pretty quickly that totally baffled it in QB. Then the cries on this board to "fix" this or that AI problem would start...

Perhaps BTS is taking a "conservative" approach to avoid this.

Just a conjecture. Would love to see it though. biggrin.gif

- Old Dog