Fionns latest turn 1 aar question

Is the picture from overhead with the grid a pic of the editor? If so that seems pretty comprehensive.

Also this suggests that the system uses tiles as well. Another good thing. It will lend itself well to updated tile graphics and the like. ie: making forest floor textures for fall have leaves on them, or in heavily contested areas putting "scraps" on some versions of tiles. This could really be much more dynamic than I ever thought!

Great work! If I'm wrong...Oops!

Keith

Hello Keith and welcome aboard.

Yes CM uses a tile system. The tiles are 20x20. Also if you look at some of the seasonal screen shots you will notice that the color of the tile under the trees does change to reflect leaves ect.. This truly is the best editor I've seen..

Oh, and did you remember to check your life in at the door? you won't have one for a while.... wink.gif

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Yes, that is a picture from the editor. It is from the map portion of the editor.

As you can see it is very easy to see what is what in the map. BTW each yellow grid is 100 metres by 100 metres. This makes estimating range (and drawing from maps) much easier than it might otherwise be.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

As you can see it is very easy to see what is what in the map. BTW each yellow grid is 100 metres by 100 metres. This makes estimating range (and drawing from maps) much easier than it might otherwise be.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So does that mean that there is a terrain editor as well for drawing in the elevation changes? How detailed in that (ie what are the increments of elevation change?)

Is there a list of different tile types that will ship with the game. Something like 8 tiles of open ground, 5 dirt road tiles, 2 beach tiles, 3 paved road tiles. SOmething along those lines?

Thanks for the scale information as well I really appreciate it! You must be able to design so seriously large scenarios with 100 x 100 tiles!

Thanks

Keith

Well, each tile is 20 x 20 metres. Each grid is 100 m by 100m but grids are only there to aid you in estimating distances in scenario designing etc.

The biggest map is something like 1.5 km by 3km IIRC> I might be wrong on that but its something like that.

Elevation changes:

Umm about twenty different elevations. Each elevation can be either 2.5 or 5 metres higher than the one below. So you can basically get 300 foot tall hills etc in CM wink.gif and cliffs too steep to climb (one scenario I'm currently playing has roads my tanks can't move on cause of the steep hills).

Man, that is'nt fair. Always reading about the testers and the scenerios they are "currently playing" while all we have is the beta demo and 3 scenerios. "Darnit, I wanna play too!" wink.gif