Settlement Demand!

Guest Bad Ju Ju

Guest Bad Ju Ju

From: Law Offices of Solitary, Poor, Nasty, Brutish & Short

Re: Demand for Payment of Damages by Big Time Software, Mr. Charles Moylan and Mr. Steven Grammont (hereinafter, collectively, "BTS"):

Dear Gentlemen:

This law firm represents Mr. and Mrs. Bad Ju Ju ("plaintiffs"). This letter shall serve as notice that we intend to file suit on behalf of plaintiffs for the intentional and negligent actions of BTS in knowingly and maliciously distributing a software product known as "Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord" (hereinafter, "Product").

My client, Mr. Ju Ju, innocently purchased the Product for light entertainment and assumed that the Product would be fit for this intended purpose; to wit, a game.

We believe BTS knew prior to distribution that the Product was much more than just a "game." It is an addiction inherently incapable of moderate use. As such, it has damaged my clients in numerous ways, including but not limited to:

(1) Mr. Ju Ju was himself an accomplished

lawyer at a large, respected law firm. Within weeks of receiving the Product, his billable hours dropped substantially and his unkept, absent-minded demeanor resulted in a measurable decline in the quality of his work product. Thus, his bonus will likely not be as big this year.

(2) Loss of consortium. Mr. and Mrs. Ju Ju once had a healthy, normal marriage. This means, of course, that, ever so often, plaintiffs had what we shall discretely refer to as relations. Since receiving the Product, in Mrs. Ju Ju's words, "Bad, well, doesn't know I'm alive." She had suffered severe and enduring mental distress because of her husband's tragic addiction to your Product.

(3) Dr. I. M. Horedog, Phd., will further testify that my client is suffering from Post-traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSD), and experiences frequent nightmares due to having lost a particularly bloody engagement with a Mr. Mark IV.

Accordingly, in consideration of the foregoing, we are authorized to accept as settlement in full release of plaintiff's claims, either: (1) the sum of $1,000,000; or (2) a free copy of CM2. smile.gifsmile.gif

Very truly yours,

Herman Bagbage, Esq.

Attorney for Plaintiffs

[This message has been edited by Bad Ju Ju (edited 09-12-2000).]

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

I would agree with M Hofbauer if only I knew what ROTFLMAO stood for, and while we're on the subject, what about AFAIK? smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. I very much regret to inform you that without necessary authorization you have come into possession of restricted information, to wit the acronyms of two Top Secret military organizations.

2. A party of officers will be arriving at your residence within the hour to take you into custody. Peaceful coöperation is sincerely advised.

Signed:

The Assistant Deputy Secretary in Charge of Obscure Rules

IIRC and AFAIK, AFAIK stands for as far as I know

IIRC, IIRC stands for if I recall correctly

IMO, IMO stands for in my opinion (sometimes IMHO = in my humble opinion)

RTFM - something you should tell the FNGs (read the f-ing manual)

wtf - what the f...

*g* = grin

LOL = laughing out loud,

rotflmao = rolling on the floor, laughing my ass off

rotflmaopmp = rolling on the floor, laughing my ass off, pissing my pants

I am not making this up.

(this info brought to you by the anarchistic cells of counter-revolution against the dictatorship of the two Top Secret military organizations and their obscure rules)

------------------

"Hehe nah u have some valid points mate but umm well be a bit nicer." (GAZ_NZ)

Thank you M H, I can now rest easy. I'd be willing to bet that there are many who don't know the acronyms but are worried about appearing dumb. Well I am dumb so there's no point being worried about it smile.gif

And for Herr Emrys gestapo security officers?....I waft a smelly one in their general direction...

From the Law Offices of Dewey, Cheatum & Howe, LLP

Re: Demand for Payment of Damages by Big Time Software, et al (hereinafter, "hogwash")

To: Herman Bagbage, Esq.

Dear Sir:

This firm received with much amusement the abovementioned document of hogwash recently sent by you to our client, Big Time Software (hereinafter, "BTS"). You may inform your clients that while they have our deepest sympathies for their many problems, none of them are the fault of BTS or any of its products. Therefore, they shall get no recovery from BTS. Specifically:

1. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord (hereinafter, "CMBO") is not addicting. Alternatively, even if it is, BTS had no foreknowledge of this, as shown by their gross and repeated under-estimation of the number of units that would sell.

2. Mr. Bleadum Wight, Esq., Mr. Ju Ju's direct superior at his place of employment, will testify that Mr. Ju Ju's standards of personal demeanor and hygiene, and the quantity and quality of his work, have always been of an abyssmal level, from the beginning of his employment and before any exposure to CMBO.

3. Dr. U. R. Nutz, PhD, Mr. Ju Ju's physician, will testify that any loss of consortium is the result of an embarassing pre-existing condition detected before Mr. Ju Ju's exposure to CMBO. We are further prepared to present the real reason why Mr. Ju Ju does not know that Mrs. Ju Ju is alive, should you press this issue.

4. Any alleged PTSD suffered by Mr. Ju Ju as a result of actions taken by Mr. Mark IV is irrelevant to the issues, if any, between BTS and your clients. Res inter alios acta alteri nocere non debet.

Accordingly, go soak your head.

Sincerely,

Sookem Drai,

Attorney for BTS

------------------

-Bullethead

Want a naval sim? Check out Raider Operations at www.historicalgames.bizland.com/index.html

I said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Accordingly, go soak your head<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stuka asked:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Is this official law terminology?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but the official version would get me banned wink.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

Want a naval sim? Check out Raider Operations at www.historicalgames.bizland.com/index.html