BTS.............LISTEN PLEASE....

On one of my recent posts I had a link to a WAFFEN SS site....

They accuse me of being a NAZI for it....!!!

It was in my opinion a great site with great PICS of the SS in ACTION etc...

E.g. of WITTMANN etc... which is on topic...

They jump down my throat for it and influence you to ban me....

If there is any IMATURE people its them... they provoke me........And I have to admit I am a little hot under the collar and say things that may be a tad--er---bad but I would like to take this oportunity to APOLOGIZE...........

And I hope they get the FRIGGEN message...

------------------

Quote.

If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no planes at all it's the Luftwaffe." ---German soldier on the Western Front, 1944.

Guest Bad Ju Ju

How many chances? er, I mean, HOW MANY CHANCES?

------------------

"I didn't go to evil medical school for six years to be called MR. Evil." Dr. Evil

It annoys me that you call us IMATURE, make inflammatory and insulting remarks and in the same post try to smooth things over. I'll be the first one to forgive you, (although as a newbie I haven't much right or influence in doing so), but the proper tone is important.

I don't think anybody would have cared about the Waffen SS site, but this was after you'd suggested that some of the people here be gassed.

If you just think about what you do, and don't get too bothered about what people say on the forum, you can't go far wrong. It's often difficult to work out how someone has meant something they said, when you can't hear their tone of voice - that goes for what people say to you, as well as what you say. If in doubt, just don't post - better than risking saying something you'll regret.

David

------------------

There's a splinter in your eye, and it reads REACT

JP-

Since you don't seem to be able to understand direct explanations of why your behavior is so annoying to some of us that partake in this forum, perhaps an indirect approach might help:

Go through the CM forum and read a whole bunch of posts on a whole bunch of topics. Topics that didn't get locked up by the moderators of the forum, at first.

Get a sense for the tone, presentation, and form for those posts. Then, try to make your own posts a little, teeny bit like those.

If you do that, I think you'll get better reactions from lots of us, and benefit more from this public forum.

Try it.

-dale

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JOCHEN PEIPER:

If there is any IMATURE people its them... they provoke me...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it the near-flawless, gripping game, or the free and highly cool bulletin board, maintained at their expense, that provoked you?

We (nearly all) like good sites, including, but not limited to, Waffen SS pix. Can you not SEE that it is your attitude that is causing the problem here?

We don't joke about real atrocities because they aren't that funny, and because some of them really happened to real people (all sides), whose children and grandchildren read this board.

If you would re-read and edit your posts from an adult point of view before hitting Submit, I'm sure we would all benefit. Save them and read them in the morning, before posting.

If you try to work quasi-political, military wannabe opinions into every single subject, people notice and react to that. Why not just grow up and let it be a GAME!

Or find another board? Either one....

Guest Big Time Software

Peiper, you have a LOT to learn about how to present yourself to a community after you have totally, and utterly, screwed up all on your own. But I suspect you are still rather young, so there is hope that you will figure out why your actions were so unacceptable sooner rather than later.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

We don't joke about real atrocities because they aren't that funny, and because some of them really happened to real people (all sides), whose children and grandchildren read this board.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct. And we also don't look kindly upon people that can joke about such things. It shows a lack of sensitivity towards others in the extreme. If Nazis are one thing more than anything else, they are insensitive towards others to their very core. A person can be insensitive and not a Nazi, but you should know that such a lack of sensitivity does not help make a convincing argument in your favor.

Peiper, I for one do NOT think you are a Nazi. However, I do think that you have a LOT to learn about proper behavior and also that the Waffen SS (or practically anything related to the Third Reich) should not be "hero worshiped". While the Waffen SS does not deserve to be vilified to the degree they are in popular culture, it is not worthy of unbridled respect in any way. I suggest you start learning that the Waffen SS are not "cool". And this is coming from someone who has more Waffen SS books on his shelf than probably any other single narrow topic.

------

And for the rest of you folks... please leave Peiper alone so long as he keeps within the bounds of respectable behavior. If he strays out of bounds again (as he did with the gassing thing) off the BBS he goes. That is our ruling on the matter. So please, let us just put this one to rest.

Steve