Flame wasp question

I've noticed that if the flame wasp loses one crew man it becomes buttoned and can no longer fire. Do they EVER unbutton and regain the ability to fire? It seems like if the flame wasp loses a single crew member, it is done for the battle. Is this true and is it correct?

They're awesome (if rare), but very delicate!

Thanks!

Onnel

You haveto be vewwwwwwyyyyyyy careful with wasps biggrin.gif

I love using wasps, but you gotta do it right otherwise there just a waste of points. Here are my tips:

1.) Be patient! I know when your deep in battle, you wanna get that wasp up there and killing everyone but believe me it will be cut to shreds. First you must wait till you have good knowledge of all your enemys locations.

2.) Keep it just behind frontlines, but constantly hidden (even from infantry fire). Then when jusssttt the right moment comes (A platton huddled in a house), move it out and let it do its magic biggrin.gif Just remember, it can fire from quite a distance so done move it TOO close.

3.) Keep it AWAY from armor, dont even think about trying to fight with tanks smile.gif (Unless its an ambush, or really close combat).

Thats my advice, biggrin.gif

------------------

¤§ïѤ

Oh, I forgot one more! biggrin.gif

4.) Keep infantry nearby, because when you flame that house (or whatever they are hiding in), they will go runnning like a bunch of chickens (probably into open ground), so be ready to release a barrage of bullets as soon as they run into the open biggrin.gif

------------------

¤§ïѤ

Thw wasp is the perfect mg nest remover. Keep it under cover as much as u can, get it within 75m of that nest, 1 lick of flame, and they are crispy brown. It causes so much fear that any units not killed will rout and be useless.

Actually the same is true of most HT's. If you kill one crewmember it can't/won't fire it's weapon. The US M3 may be an exception since some had both a 50 Cal and a 30 Cal MG. The standard MMG Carrier has the same issue.

I got a Wasp in a recent PBEM for the first time and they are a blast. But the last point made by OsinO is especially true. While the flamethrower will force units out of a location, it won't (necessarily) kill the squads. That's when it's nice to have some firepower to nail them as they rush into the open.

Joe