Strange Victory Flags Problem

This is a minor, minor problem. On my PC P3 450, 128 mb Ram, Voodoo 2 12mb, SB Live, the victory flags change from the standard question mark type when in dispute to a mix of fluroescent (sp?) greens and reds when taken by an army. If i drag the mouse over them, a 'cursor shadow' appears. It is quite bizarre, although not really a problem, it is annoying. I have DX 7 and lateset vid drivers. I'm wondering if it is a problem with the V2.

I also wondered whether or not I could swap the bmp files for the flags from the beta. I know the file format has changed, but could this help?

I have the same problem when I play Valley scenario. I quit and started again and they were fine. The funny thing about it is that they are split 2 color flags. Also when you scroll around the colors change.

System: P2 450, 128ram, Monster2 voodoo2 card

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Fellas, yes, I believe you're talking about a Voodoo 2 specific problem. Really if I were you guys, I'd get at least a TNT2 card. For one, TNT2's can do transparencies without a problem. Secondly, they have a much better image quality. And thirdly, they seem to have less compatibility problems with their Direct3D and Open GL support.

------------------

"Why don't we say that we took this one chance, and fought!"

"Stupid humans. Hahahahahahaha!"

--from the film Battlefield Earth

What TNT 2 to get though. Are they all much of a muchness, or are there specific ones which perform best. I was thinking a 770 Ultra. Other than this problem, the v2 is doing ok for only 12mb VRAM wink.gif