If you just got CM, and want to tell the world, post here!

Guest Big Time Software

got mine today!

I pre-ordered in Nov.

hopefully all my Nov.kamerads will get theirs today too smile.gif

now....how do you study for an exam and play cm at the same time?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bless you Battlefront.com

I have recieved the game in Los Angeles as of

thursday June 22 1944. Within the manual I found my orders to ship out to Normandy with my reserve battlion. I expect to be assigned

to Patton's third Army.

I don't expect to have much time to write once I install the time machine software I recieved from you. Therefore I wish to thank

Steve and Charles now before seeing combat in

Normandy.

I fear now I will experience first hand the best war simulation and marketing approach yet known to this custumer. I pledge to personally point all inquiries as to the best

wargame on the market in your direction. I expect Steve and Charles to wallow in their accomplishment and appropriately thumb their noses at the publishers throughout the world.

A suggestion to help the marketing buzz,

Flash... Steve and Charles check into Betty Ford Clinic for caffine and compulsive coding addiction. Creators of the worlds finest pc wargame hit the wall with over celebrating indulginces. The duo were quoted upon there arrival as saying there were merely visiting

Axle Rose to discuss the true meaning of Heavy Metal. Installing now.... I'm going in...........

Got it today (got home late after a very succesful day in the lab). Played a quick dusk battle and spanked the AI. After losing a Priest and a Halftrack I stopped rushing it and went in carefully with proper covering fire. Tac AI was great-- my 81 mm mortar dropped a shell right through the deck of the one german tank (a Panzer IV).

Awesome game. I just wish my laptop graphics could be upgraded.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juardis:

OK Steve, you asked for it smile.gif

I pre-ordered two weeks ago, June 7. My credit card was billed June 16. My very own copy, personalized by BTS themselves (not really, but it sounded good smile.gif) arrived via USPS in Charlotte NC on Monday, June 19.

And you know what the bit*h of it is? Last night, the day Christmas came early, I had to reformat and reinstall Winblows due to a corrupted registry unrelated to CM. frown.gif Damn! Well, I've taken this opportunity to add a V5 5500 card so my pain is assuaged greatly smile.gif.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can make with this post: I got CM on Monday (6/19), and I rush the CD to my Mac G3's DVD drive, and the drive doesn't recognize the CD. Nothing there, thank you. So sorry. So I begin wondering: did BTS have the CD copied in some weird format, is my goddamn DVD the problem, what gives? Put in my OS boot CD, doesn't recognize that either (I haven't used my DVD/CD drive lately). Figure the driver's corrupted, I'll just reinstalll. Attention wanders, people call, try to maintain installation focus while doing other things. New driver in, regular system completely trashed. Two hours and a complete clean system and all upgrades reinstall later, I'm making little whining noises of appreciation playing Quick Battles. CM not only cured my nervous twitch, it helped me fix previously unnoticed system problems. "Combat Mission: It's Good For What Ails You!"

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.