Reinforcement Vehicle stuck in houseH

Hi all - I was wondering if there is a workaround when the computer assigns reinforcement vehicles inside buildings? I am playing the All or Nothing battle as British forces and on my first wave of reinfs. came on 1 Humber SC was placed in a lt. bldng. tile. I have tried every movement command twice to get it to exit, to no avail. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. (Thank god it wasn't a Cromwell)

Might want to have the stuck vehicle "button" and blow up the house with another vehicle. Might worke...never tried it but I have had my follow on forces get stuck in buildings. Bummer. Btw, I just finished All or Nothing as Allies and am now going to try as the Jerrys.

EZ

Guest KwazyDog

Guy my deepest apologies but that was actually my screw up, not the fault of CM. That humber is stuck there from turn 1. I noticed this before release but too late to get it changed for the final release.

What happened is that I placed out the units, had the game play tested and on recomendation then added in a few more buildings. One got plunked down on top of the humbar and because it is completely covered by the building I missed it.

Good one to remember for the future becuase it isnt hard to do smile.gif Ill be putting out a newer version of the scenario when time permits smile.gif

Guest KwazyDog

Glad your enjoying it smile.gif Yup, that one is one or the two I worked on. The other is One Long Cold Day, which my girlfriend made the map for. Make sure you play as the Germans first if you play that one, and hang in there! smile.gif

Hehe, the logistics problems are interesting arent they! Origionally it wasnt my goal to design it that way but after playing it a couple of times and seeing the results I must admit I did design the some aspects of the scenario to teach the careless allied player a few lesons smile.gif

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 07-17-2000).]

I too am playing that scenario. I am only about 18 or 19 turns into it though. Let me tell ya..glad I read this because the Humber thing was confusing me too!! It was just sitting there, inside that building. I thought I was doing something wrong. smile.gif

Anyway, fabulous scenario..I won't go any further but agree about the logistics on that map. A real bear moving stuff around and getting set up and a tough map to plan for attack based on the ol' landscape! I am only playing the AI, but I'll tell you, it's gonna be a barn burner!

GI Tom

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a Hero is some type of sandwich!

It is a nice battle. I played through 50 rounds, before just doing the mad rush to the objectives. The "logistics" are currently fairly annoying. With numerous vehicles travelling great distances over curvy roads... is there a faster way of convoying vehicles and having them stick to the road?

A lot of time is spent moving material-- I saved at round 40 and the next 10 turns were spent massing a wave assault (I grew fatigued with the "logistics"). I will return to it though and play a little more sanely later. It is an immensely enjoyable scenario though with great surprises...

------------------

"Two World Wars and One World Cup, do da, do da!"

--British Hooligan, sung to Camptown Races

Too late for anyone already "playing" the scenario, but you can edit the Humbers position in the scenario editor for future replay. That mission is soo grueling, that I'm sure I'll replay it someday.