WWII Freaks!!

Guest kking199

Guest kking199

I just wanted to say that I feel right at home here at Battlefront, with all my fellow WWII freaks, nuts, and other mentally unbalanced persons. It is a rare occurence for such a treasure as CM, and then to have such easy access to the creators, and to top it all off this fantastic Forum. Someone pinch me...

I also am about to lose my virginity, but don't tell my wife..., as I have begun my first PBEM. Setup takes alot longer when PBEMing... lol!

BTW... has anyone had trouble using Hotmail and copying the PBEM file to your harddrive?!?! When I clicked to "Download File" as the link said, it brought up the file in a text window, had to cut and paste into Notepad.

------------------

Arghhh!!.... I'm Hit!!!

hehe

if you're using notepad you're in for a shock -

notepad can only handle i think less than a 100K cut & paste - so.... it can't handle movie files in PBEM

personally, i use TxEdit - but anything that handles text files without 'editing' them (ie. like wordpad does) should work....

have fun! email play is great....

I use Yahoo mail and instead of clicking on the download button (which just opens the text document in IE I right click on the download button and "save target as" which allows me to save the file to my desktop. I've never tried Hotmail, but it may have something similar. Give it a try.

BTW... has anyone had trouble using Hotmail and copying the PBEM file to your harddrive?!?! When I clicked to "Download File" as the link said, it brought up the file in a text window, had to cut and paste into Notepad.

Hotmail is not the best format to use here. If you can use Outlook Express to access your hotmail account. If that is not possible have your opponent use a file compression program (ie WinZip).

Hope this helps.

------------------

Navare

"I am determined to prove a villian..."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gezeder:

hehe

if you're using notepad you're in for a shock -

notepad can only handle i think less than a 100K cut & paste - so.... it can't handle movie files in PBEM

personally, i use TxEdit - but anything that handles text files without 'editing' them (ie. like wordpad does) should work....

have fun! email play is great....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're correct that Notepad can't handle the larger files, but he needn't look for a fancy text program that can. Just use wordpad, which can handle the biggest files, and when you go to save it, save it as a TEXT Document Only. It will ask if you want to remove all formatting, and say yes...it will save the file as a notepad file. Very handy, indeed.

I have an opponent who has that problem with the PBEM files I,ve been sending, so I just WinZip 'em,attach 'em and send 'em and he has no problem,seems like the easyist way to do things. smile.gif

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

eek.gif

Hmmm... I use Yahoo Mail and it's all DEAD easy and automatic. All I do after saving the PBEM file in-game is Alt-tab to Yahoo mail, select my opponent, right click on his name to pull up the little menu and select "Send File". Don't even need to browse for the file after browsing for it the 1st time, the PBEM folder is already up.

What's all this stuff about using Wordpad and having to cut and paste, etc.?? The file is ready to go "as is"...

- Old Dog

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>What's all this stuff about using Wordpad and having to cut and paste, etc.?? The file is ready to go "as is"...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Often the PBEM data is not attached, so it has to be copied and pasted from the email. Just select some text at the beginning and then shift-click at the end to select it all.

BTW, Yahoo is better than Hotmail if you must use a web email account.