Infra-red Night Optics

I was originally going to post this on the earlier thread concerning German Optics, but it became a flame pit and I didn’t think I would get a response.

I recently have read that during the battle of the Ardennes the latest Panther tanks were equipped with infra-red night sight optics.

Can anyone confirm this?

If this is true wouldn’t it be fair to include this feature?

I understand that this equipment was probable very rare. However, it can not be as rare as the Super Perishing.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bombardier:

I was originally going to post this on the earlier thread concerning German Optics, but it became a flame pit and I didn’t think I would get a response.

I recently have read that during the battle of the Ardennes the latest Panther tanks were equipped with infra-red night sight optics.

Can anyone confirm this?

If this is true wouldn’t it be fair to include this feature?

I understand that this equipment was probable very rare. However, it can not be as rare as the Super Perishing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Bombardier, I'd sugest checking the dates on the initial F.G.1250 tests with the Panther G quoted in the earlier thread.

Regards, John Waters

------------------

Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.

Not to mention the one of the only major flaws of CM is how it handles night battles. So even if somehow they included the mythical IR sights, it would have to take a back seat to all the other mechanics of night battles that this engine as not been able to do yet.

Maybe CM2 will tackle this. I recommend studying how ASL handles the loss of CnC, Straying and LOS at night.

------------------

Jeff Newell

TankDawg

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

This is the thread in question:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/010395.html

I recall reading it and I think it a least one good link to a VERY informative web page about the german's attempting infra red ight fighting technology

-tom w<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks again!!

BTW- Great forum!