Attn: Agent Smith

Rattler

Hi there!

I have tried to mail you my PBM turns, but AOL (which is behind netscape.net) wont let me send email out to AOL ppl because they have me blacklisted as spammer (never spammed anybody but run the tourney and other mailing lists; one AOL member said he had not solicitated email - and since then I am blocked by AOL; neither the guy rectifiying nor me complaining helped, I have to live with it).

Please forward me an email like hotmail or yahoo where I can send my turns to.

Rattler

Rattler, I received your turns, I'll keep posting to your current address as listed here. If the manner in which you post to me is too convoluted, I can supply you with a non aol address. The only problem has been that since I joined the tacops mailing list and curry's pbem SC league I have begun to receive spam, (a trickle at this stage), but the spam grows exponentially.

use a hotmail adress for subscribing on webpages,change it every time you subscribes somewhere,accept on pages which you can trust.

never use your real adress

few days ago I found a link to a side where you could find out if your adress was on one of the cd's with adresses for spammers.

there are some cd's on the blackmarket with millions of adresses for spammers.

I shall look if I can find the URL again.

Originally posted by Stoffel:

use a hotmail adress for subscribing on webpages,change it every time you subscribes somewhere,accept on pages which you can trust.

never use your real adress

few days ago I found a link to a side where you could find out if your adress was on one of the cd's with adresses for spammers.

there are some cd's on the blackmarket with millions of adresses for spammers.

I shall look if I can find the URL again.

found the URL:

http://www.aktu.nl/pc-active/spam/home.asp

Its in dutch but thats no problem.

Enter your emailadress in the center box,next to the word ZOEK

It will show you at once if you are known by spammers.

Thanks Stoffel, I'll check the link and hope for the best. I'm not accusing any host of selling lists to spammer's, by any means; I know that there are innumerable ways of getting caught up. But it appears as a crappy coincidence that shortly after joining case's ladder, spam began arriving at a very seldom referenced address.