Loading Maps

Just built my first quick battle. Very functional but there were a couple of things I'd like to be able to do with this asset that I was not allowed to. First I'd like to be able to upload a map of my own design or one that the computer generated and I saved. This would allow me to create quick battles with "mirrored" maps.

Second, I'd like to be able to purchase units less restrictively. Although I understand the reasoning behind the restrictions, I'd like to purchase units in any combination I wanted to insted of having point caps for each cattegory of equipment. Just thought it was a shame I couldn't buy unit X becouse it would put me 7 points over in that particular category.

------------------

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.

I agree with you. If I'm understanding you correctly, it would be great to be able to edit Random Battle Maps.

I realize the Editor can generate Random Maps, but, I mean it would be nice to be able to edit the maps that the Quick Battle Generator makes after you save the game the first time.

The other day I misunderstood someone & thought you could do this. So, I tried opening up a Saved Game that had been generated from the Battle Generator & the Editor wouldn't let me. When I selected the saved game using: LOAD, it just made that Ding sound it makes when you try to do something you can't. The Saved Games have the same .cmb extension that the Scenarios do, but, still the Scenario Editor won't open them.

It sure would be a handy feature, though.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alex127:

I mean it would be nice to be able to edit the maps that the Quick Battle Generator makes after you save the game the first time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found a way that you can do this. As soon as the battle is generated, save the battle. The editor will not allow you to edit a game in progress, but it will allow you to edit a game that has not started (ie before the first turn.)

have fun with the editor

Tanq Tonic,

That did the trick! Thank you so much. I would have replied sooner, but, as soon as I saw your message, I anxiously started fiddling around with that feature. wink.gif

Now I have even more reason to like CM. As if I needed any. wink.gif

• 3 months later...

Bumping my own topic due to the resent discussion on the ability to save a QB before the map is seen. I'd love to see the ability to insert pre-made maps into a QB. BTS please don't kill the ability to save QB's before unit selection until we can add pre-made maps to QBs for "mirrored" game play.

------------------

Pair-O-Dice

"Once a Diceman, Always a Diceman."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Diceman:

Bumping my own topic due to the resent discussion on the ability to save a QB before the map is seen. I'd love to see the ability to insert pre-made maps into a QB. BTS please don't kill the ability to save QB's before unit selection until we can add pre-made maps to QBs for "mirrored" game play.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto.

There are some maps that the computer generated that I would like to save.