Basements

1)According to my search, basements are definately out for CM1. Any thoughts on adding this feature latter? Here's the thing: In street fighting in cities where buildings shared walls, fighting was often done at the basement level. Progress through the city was litterally done by blowing holes in basement walls to progress from one building to the next.

2) taking this idea further:

a) Is there any plans for CM to model building with shared walls, and

B) will engineers, or other demolition equiped troops be able to blow holes through the walls and/or basements to progress from building to building?

Not imperative, but would make for some very realistic urban fighting.

------------------

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>sewers are also an intregal part of the Urban Combat enviroment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If BTS ever does sewers, then one of the biggest arguments against doing a PTO/CBI CM will disappear. Seems to me sewers are not really different at all from Japanese defensive tunnels.

So, let's hope sewers show up someday. Then maybe we'll have the exciting, inspiring PTO/CBI version instead of boring ol' North Africa biggrin.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bullethead:

Then maybe we'll have the exciting, inspiring PTO/CBI version instead of boring ol' North Africa biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey c'mon! I can't be the only one who would love to see the Med? I used to love AH's Tobruk. How 'bout Crete? I assume that would be in CM3! I think it would be great to see the Italy vs. Greece fiasco in a wargame context too....

I will say I'd be much more interested in a PTO setting for CM4 than the early war stuff...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hey c'mon! I can't be the only one who would love to see the Med? I used to love AH's Tobruk. How 'bout Crete? I assume that would be in CM3! I think it would be great to see the Italy vs. Greece fiasco in a wargame context too....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Italy is fine with me. But consider: what's so different about Italy that it can't be done with CM1 and maybe just a few additional unit types?

I also used to enjoy AH's Tobruk -- it was one of my 1st wargames. However, from a tactical viewpoint, it was pretty boring. Flat, featureless terrain as far as the eye can see so no dead ground, no real hull-down positions, no cover for the grunts advancing on the enemy. Pretty much a Wild West gunfight of guys standing in the open street and blazing away.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I will say I'd be much more interested in a PTO setting for CM4 than the early war stuff...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you call "early war" ? I call it clunky old tanks armed with peashooters. That fits Greece, Crete, and most of North Africa before 1943, as well as France, Norway, and Poland. So under this definition, I agree--let's have the PTO/CBI before the "early war" smile.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm