Graphics question

Is there a way I can set and lock my CM graphics at one resolution while desktop remains at another?

Also, could someone with a good graphics card tell me night battles actual have a black shroud of some type on the battle field preventing you from seeing too far or does it just dim the field and limit LOS?

Also, on my Viper 2, I cant get FOG even with the new driver. Cant adjust a fog table in D3D, only OpenGl. Is there a FOG table setting in DirectX? Where is it.

Sorry for posting this here rather than in tech support. Also, I did and search and didnt see this come up.

TeAcH

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TeAcH:

Is there a way I can set and lock my CM graphics at one resolution while desktop remains at another? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. (I would like this ability also.)

Also, could someone with a good graphics card tell me night battles actual have a black shroud of some type on the battle field preventing you from seeing too far or does it just dim the field and limit LOS?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't fought any night battles yet.

Also, on my Viper 2, I cant get FOG even with the new driver. Cant adjust a fog table in D3D, only OpenGl. Is there a FOG table setting in DirectX? Where is it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it's not somewhere in the D3D driver properties of your video card, then I'd say your card doesn't have this option. Perhaps get a driver update or update to DirectX 7.0a if you already haven't?

Thanks Dick. I believe what you are refering to is the Advanced tab to Direct 3d tab then to the openGl tab where a fog table control resides. However, this is OpenGL and I don't think it affects this game since it runs in Direct3D, unless Im wrong.

Also, I have DirectX7a and the latest, albeit lame viper 2 driver.

(on my soapbox)

Ill NEVER buy nor trust S3 again. The Viper 2 was rushed to the consumer for Christmas 99 and is replete with hardware issues and poor drivers. Moreover, touted features such as FSAA, Bump mapping, etc are NOT going to be included after all contrary to their own advertising.

(off soapbox)

Thanks

TeAcH