Bunker Busters

Colin

Just felt like sharing an experience I had in a recent QB. I was playing as Germans and had a couple of concrete MG pillboxes.

Now these pillboxes are nicely supressing infantry off in the distance when a M8 Greyhound shows up. I'm thinking 'HA! It only has a 37mm gun!!! It'll can't scratch my reinforced steel and concrete from 400m!".

But boy was I wrong. First shot was a firing slit penetration causing a casualty. I'm still thinkin' "Ah just a fluke!"

But no!!! These things have a bitchin' little ROF goin' on!!! They knock out my first pillbox with only about 15 shots!!! Most of them were firing slit penetrations. Only 2-3 were actually just called 'hit - no serious damage'.

I'm going bunker busting with these little buggers next time. Screw the AVRE and M4A3(105). 37mm's for life!!!

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

In the Pacific it was common for the Army and Marines to use the M5 Stuart as a bunker buster in the island campaigns. It sported a 37mm AT gun. I don't know if it was the same as the Greyhound but it was very useful in killing Japanese pillboxes and dug in machineguns. Does'nt surprise me that the Greyhound would be useful in this role.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.