Family Life article on Nazi memorabilia

Hehe...thought of this board when I came across the wife's October issue of "Family Life," where the advice column lady on page 29 or 30 tells a reader not to let her kids play with the neighbors' kids because the parents collect such stuff and display it prominently.

Don't have a weblink for the article, unfortunatelky, but isn't this just more p.c. b.s.?? What % are Jews here anyway!

What does the % of jews on this board have to do with the article,or anything else for that matter? I don't understand the reasoning? I think the advice lady may be overreacting,but you don't have to be Jewish to dislike/disagree with everything the Nazi regime represented.I'd be more careful in the future with questions like that,very close to flamebait, as well as derogatory and disrespectful.

Dick

No, this is not necessarily PC BS. And being Jewish or not has absolutely nothing to do with the remark.

If the neighbors display the Nazi memorobilia and promote fascism, I don't want my kids playing with the neighbors kids. I don't want them living on my block. So they would get the cold shoulder from me.

If the other family displays it and uses it to teach about history (real stuff, with information from Axis and Allies), or "Grandpa did this and that", and larger "Good" and "Evil" discussion, and the concepts of courage, duty and honor, more power to 'em.

Education and understanding are the keys to avoiding any future wars of this magnitude.

Both to teach us how to be more tolerant of other opinions, and to teach us what to watch out for.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Hmm...if the neightbor has several Nazi weapons, empty artillery shells, helmets, or other things of this caliber, then I think it is perfectly OK.

Now, if the neightbor has the Nazi flag hung over the fire place and a framed portrait of Adolf Hitler over the dinner table, THEN you got a problem. Otherwise, they are just collectors.

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

What percentage of users are jews?Why stop there,what about Gypsies,Communists,Catholics,Homosexuals,the mentally and physically disabled,the "Inteligentsia",Slavs,and assorted other "Untermenschen"?I cant believe im seeing stuff like this on the CMBO chat!

Personally, I want to know, what % of Republicans we have on here. I have a neighbor that keeps wearing a blue suit and red tie to work, and I've told my dog not to poop in his yard any longer.

smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 10-03-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Whatever religious conviction you belong to, you are more than welcome to use this forum to discuss Combat Mission.

If you want to discuss "Family Life" or religion, take it elsewhere. Especially if it has a high flamewar potential, which the original question did.

Watch your step, Delta Charlie 228.

Deputy Moderator