Greetings!..and a Question.

Hi all! and S!

I am a veteran ASL-er and EAW-er from CombatSim's EAW Forum. Hello to all who are here. I just received my copy of CM (ordered on June 18 or so, for those who are wondering), and I am happy that it has arrived. Did we not all wish for a real, computer-driven ASL? I know, I know, it's not computer ASL, but... smile.gif

My question: Now that I have CM, are there patches out that I need to get? I will certainly get the converted ASL mapboards out there.

Thanks in advance, and see you in Normandy!

------------------

Capt. Byron Crank, US Army

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Crank_GS:

My question: Now that I have CM, are there patches out that I need to get? I will certainly get the converted ASL mapboards out there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi and welcome to the board. If you just ordered you shouldhave version 1.02, and there are no newer versions. There are however graphics mods at combathq.thegamersnet.net , which is a good place to start looking for user made scenarios also.

------------------

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 07-14-2000).]

Guest dirkd1976

Advanced Squad Leader smile.gif

A hex based WWII game with a HUGE following. Made by Avalon Hill (or has it changed?)

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

[This message has been edited by dirkd1976 (edited 07-14-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Von Fauster:

Welcome!

One question though (and forgive me if this is really lame- it's been a looong week): what is ASL?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Advanced Squad Leader.

The Mother of all the wargames.

biggrin.gif

You can't evade the fact that most of us have been breast feed by ASL.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

Glad to have you, I know you'll really enjoy this one, it's something special.

Von Fauster, ASL is Advanced Squad Leader ... a board game played on printed maps using cardboard counters and dice with voluminous rules ... back when men were men and didn't need no sissy computers to play a game ... I think sheep were a lot more nervous then too but that's another story. smile.gif

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

Advanced Squad Leader.The Mother of all the wargames.

You can't evade the fact that most of us have been breast feed by ASL.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's really fascinating, that common thread among so many of us. I had the Orig. Squad Leader from AH, then advanced SL, didn't really play them alot, but they kindeled something that leavened w/ Panzerblitz found fruition in Combat Mission

------------------

'The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-- King Henry VI, Part II, Act 4, sc.2, l.86