Air strikes

Guest Robert/1

Guest Robert/1

I was just think about this will there be only some of the scenarios or will there be a seporate secton of just air strikes?

Air strike availability (and quantity)is up to the scenario designer. If he doesn't want you to have it, you won't get it. smile.gif

Craig

------------------

Absolutely, without question (and by default)the BEST farmer on the forum!

So are there various aircraft types in the game or just "generic" i.e. 'fighterbomber'

or 'bomber' planes. And how is AA fire handled. Can you see flak bursts around the planes and all. Sorry if this has been asked.

I'm new here

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by armorbuff:

So are there various aircraft types in the game or just "generic" i.e. 'fighterbomber'

or 'bomber' planes. And how is AA fire handled. Can you see flak bursts around the planes and all. Sorry if this has been asked.

I'm new here

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem and welcome. There will be generic 'fighterbombers, methinks and you can see AA bursts. AA is modeled like any other gun and can be used in ground or air roles. All this is not official. Do a search on the topic. There is also a long article on combathq.thegamers.net/ , IIRC

------------------

Andreas

It is amazing what you can learn from a good book...

Actually there are different types of aircraft in the game,

fighters loaded with bombs, rockets and/or guns, as well as planes

more dedicated to the ground attack role.

But I don't think the scenario designer can pick what exact type

will be used for an airstrike yet, right now it's random. Getting to

pick the plane and ordnance load is on the list to be added, though.

I really wanted to see stukas available for airstrikes in CM, but Steve

said that they weren't used on the western front after during the

time frame of CM. Which I was surprised to hear, I thought at least

some would have been used. Looks like we'll have to wait for CM2

on the eastern front to get the stukas. smile.gif

Guest Madmatt

The plane types are abstarted. You WONT know if its a P-51, P-47 or a Typhoon. The only clue may be in the weapons they use. You will notice that British fighterbombers will favor the use of rockets since they are supposed to be simulating the Typhoon.

Germans can have planes too, IF, as mentioned above, the scenario designer adds them.

Also, IIRC Planes have a random chance of not showing up at all and can also abort their attack runs for a number of reasons.

For more info head over to the the Special Events section on CMHQ as I went over all this in details a few months ago...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 05-24-2000).]

Yeah Madmatt, I read the Special Events airstrike piece after posting my reply. However, I did read on Battlefront.com about the inclusion of airstrikes and these three particular airplanes were listed.

I guess what I read was put on the page during the early develop stages of the game.

Flix

What about spotter planes?

They could be used for arty or calling in airstrikes. In real life, when an Allied spotter flew over, the German front would instantly stop shooting, because they knew that anything those planes could see would be blasted.

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton 1920