Ammo limit

Sorry if this has been hashed over. Did a search and found nothing.

My concern is overusage of ammo.

1) I assaulted the houses in VoT with flamethrower and he flamed it with first burst. Then proceeded to expend entire supply on the already burning house. Shouldn't he have stopped?

2) Sometimes when I lay suppressive fire with arty I forget to tell my spotter to stop and waste alot of ammo. (my fault I know)

Is there a way to tell your men to use X amount of ammo/then lay off? I would like to tell spotter to lay X amount of ammo just before I assault a position. Same for smoke rounds.

Sorry if this has come up before or if i'm just missing a command somewhere.

I to had the same problem with my flamethrower for I told them to flame an abandoned 150mm gun and they did. They were so good in following orders that they expended all 6 rounds of fuel in 60 seconds.

The next time I get a flamethrower in position I will see if the pause command will slow there expenditure of fuel.

What I was trying is to destroy the gun after the crew had abandoned it (waist of time and fuel).

One hint which might reduce ammo consumption without tweaking the game: flamethrowers use ammo depending on the distance they're firing at. So if you want to conserve ammo, move them closer to their target. They can use more than one "ammo round" per shot if firing at or close to their maximum range.

Guest Big Time Software

Yes, besides Moon's excellent point (wait until you use the Croc at max range smile.gif) I will say that there definately needs to be a tweak for the flamethowers. Charles is going to put in some code to have them stop flaming their Area Fire targets catch fire. There is already code in there to stop torching the target if it is a unit which becomes destroyed, but Area Fire doesn't work this way. Dunno when it will be added, but it should be sooner rather than later.

Steve