MDMP-1 Patch available!!! CMHQ

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

For anyone that encountered any sort of crashes while using the MDMP-1 SOund files we have posted a patch which includes 3 re-mixed files which may have been causing some users problems...

Head over to CMHQ to read all the details.

Also check out the small graphics patch this is also available which fixes little pink spots in three original CM graphics...

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

I was getting some serious blue screen crashes in CM with that Mod Pack. VxD DSOUND Stuff. I was pulling my hair out. Now that you mention it, it seemed to happen mostly when aircraft was overheard.

I reinstalled the game and put the your graphics mod back in and voila! Im still a little afraid of putting the sound files back in even though I REALLY liked them.

Anyone else have crashes with new "fix"?

Thanks

TeAcH

------------------

"Ah-ah, I know what you're thinking. Did he fire 6 shots or only 5. Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky. Well, do ya punk?"

Guest Madmatt

Umm, guys, I think your missing the point. That patch IS SUPPOSED to fix the crashes but I wont know if no one tries it! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

No offense Madmatt but I'm a little gun-shy, thats all. I understand the point but 2 days of crashes and reinstallation of all drivers makes me hesitate a little. I have all of the graphics added for sure. Ill give it a week and come back for the sounds!

Thanks

TeAcH

------------------

"Ah-ah, I know what you're thinking. Did he fire 6 shots or only 5. Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky. Well, do ya punk?"

Guest Madmatt

Woke up this morning to have two separate emails from people saying that they applied the new MDMP-1 sound patch and the crashes have stopped!

If anyone else WAS having crashes I would HIGHLY reccomend getting this new patch. All it does it shorten by about 1/2 a second the two aurcraft strafing sounds and has one re-edited artillery sound.

By the way, if you download the MDMP-1 from now on you will already get the patched files as I updated the full packs themselves last night!

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-26-2000).]