HEY MADDMAT - What's up with the operational game details

Guest Madmatt

Ok, I am a little lost here? confused.gif What exactly are you talking about? You mean the Operations? Many of the POTDs are taken right from Operations although I usually have a pretty good idea of what I want to show you guys so I just build up a quickie scenario and snap away. If you mean more hardcore INFO and not pics than that department will be getting much more coverage in the days and weeks to come. Scenarios are fun, Operations will make you sweat!

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 03-25-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

All that has been and will continue to be covered in a series of articles on the editor in Wild Bills CM site: Boots and Tracks.

http://wbr.thegamers.net/boots_tracks/index.asp

They already have two installments up and the info you are asking for is there, pictures and all!

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Sorry I was vague.

I am interested in seeing/hearing about the "campaign" system. I realize the the "campaing' is actually more of an "operational" level system.

You are doing a great job btw, of course you already know that.

Thanks.

PS. I am a little slow, just read your link to the Boots & Tracks. Thanks again

[This message has been edited by Ron Meier (edited 03-26-2000).]

Hey bro I was curious about this as well that link matt posted is where I got my info.

From what I can tell (please feel free to correct me), CM has no campaign system. Units do not get better over time and you can never fight over multiple scenarios.

Operations are fought over one map only with the ability to fight multiple "days" over this single map.

_dumbo

Guest Madmatt

Just to add a quick point about the Operations and a single Map. While the Operation is based in a single map, only a portion of that map is shown for each battle. Think of it as a picture window that scrolls across the full map inbetween battles. If you advance very far in one battle the 'window' will scroll much further up the map. If you don't achieve your goals and get pushed back the map view may very well slide back to where it started. this topic was covered a few months ago in great detail from me, BTS and Moon, but I don't recall the thread title offhand. frown.gif

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net