Is it just me????????

german AG??

Aktiengesellschaft? Arbeitsgemeinschaft? Alkoholische Getränke?

you mean you get lots of beer?

sorry I got it after posting. Assault Guns. Well, there's no problem, I'ld prefer a turretless german AG over a german tank any day. Get used to them, literally, if you employ them correctly they can be better than tanks, at least better than the Pz IV on any day except Feb. 31st.

[This message has been edited by M Hofbauer (edited 08-30-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Grenadier:

Everytime I start a QB, I get nothing but AGs as the Germans. How can I prevent being slaughtered by shermans and M10s by not being able to rotate my turret?? confused.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

smile.gif Now you see why the Germans were desperate when they began building them instead of tanks beacuse they were 'cheaper' and easier to build.

Cav

------------------

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

--Bertrand Russell

"God is always with the strongest battalions."

--Frederick the Great

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the Axis--an American decision that this is sport, or that it is business."

--D. W. Brogan, The American Character

Reminds me of some of the early "Close Encounter" posts.

Use German turretless tank destroyers as they were intended: Pillboxes that can move to different locations if absolutely necessary. If you start roving around the battlefield in them like tanks,you will be flanked and you will be KOed.

American doctrine (and hence design) is quite different. Much faster, and designed for hit-and-run tactics. One still needs to ensure that they aren't outflanked.

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CavScout:

smile.gif Now you see why the Germans were desperate when they began building them instead of tanks beacuse they were 'cheaper' and easier to build.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but one could go into greater detail. Midway through the war, the Germans had an awful lot of tanks they couldn't upgun because the turret ring was too small, Pz III being but one example. Solution: remove the turret and modify the upper hull to receive a larger gun. Voila! Instant (well, fairly quick compared to building from scratch) assault gun or tank hunter. Used properly (fire from concealment, then shift position before the enemy can draw a bead on you), they did very well against tanks.

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

I thought of saying:

Put 'em in a circle facing outward, like Bison protecting their young.

It will give you a 360 degree arc of fire!!

biggrin.gif

Put them on top of a hill and you're set!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about that one dude - since when do bisons pack heat (of the 75mm variety) ...

Of course the obvious answer is the wolves started it and have had it coming for a LONG LONG time.