ENEMY AT THE GATES STORY FALSE

Apparently the sniper battle in Enemy at the Gates (Movie) is considered fiction.

The author of Stalingrad who wrote it said many had taken it the wrong way and he believed it was Russian propaganda and that the story was indeed false.

Apparently there were no records to be found anywhere regarding the existance of the German sniper and the events.

A pic of the supposed Russian sniper and story rergarding it is here. http://users.pandora.be/stalingrad/snipers.html

Also Enemy at the Gates is gonna be coming out not in Dec 2000 but in Feb-Mar 2000

Even some stories about the war that the russians claim to be true still today are false.

There was this story about a Russian pilot who lost his legs and recovered. The russians say he even learned to waltz and fly again, using proesthetics, I guess. AND they say he became an ace, and shot down even more german planes.

Great story, and widely retold, but I met a guy in moscow who became a good friend of mine who knew the guy and said that the he was never an ace or even a dancer. "Nam nuzhen geroi," they told him. "Vashe delo molchat'." trans: We need a hero. Your job is to shut up."

So they manufactured this story, you see.