How to operate a PBEM (search won't give good results)

Hello,

Sorry about this rather stupid question, but I have the demo so I don't own the manual which probobly explains this in detail. Can someone fill me in as to what I do to start up a PBEM (after I find an opponent and all).

Thanks is advance!

------------------

...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Guest Germanboy

Start a game as usual, when you are asked whether you want to play SINGLE HOTSEAT or EMAIL, choose EMAIL. The next screen will ask you to type in a password. Place your units. When you click GO, a save screen will appear to generate the PBEM file. Choose a name, save it (it will be in the directory called PBEM) and send it as email attachment to your opponent. Good luck.

------------------

Andreas

Actually Kingfish, while a vicious taunt is useful, I've also found a whining, sniveling complaint about how poorly I'm doing to be helpful too. Not only does it garner some sympathy points but it can put your opponent at ease while you get ready to crush him.

Suggestions include:

"Boy I really screwed up buying XXXX." Be sure to mention something that you didn't actually buy.

"Hilly terrain! Oh man I forgot about that completely, there goes my XXXX." See above.

"I've got a really bad feeling about this, I don't think I'm going to stand a chance." Be sure to throw this one in just before you launch your counter attack.

"Gee I sure got lucky on that last exchange but I know my turn is coming." Especially useful after you've decimated his armor in one turn.

"Oh wow, my guys in the XXXX are really hurting, don't know how much more they can take." Best used when you've just reinforced XXXX with that platoon of US Paras.

Finally don't forget the grovel and beg ploy ... "{SIGH} I haven't won a game in a month, this is getting really discouraging." Sure it would be a cheap win ... but it would be a WIN!

Joe

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Actually Kingfish, while a vicious taunt is useful, I've also found a whining, sniveling complaint about how poorly I'm doing to be helpful too. Joe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah right, Joe... you should mention that one only helps against newbies and fools....

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IntelWeenie:

smile.gifwink.gifredface.gifcool.gif and eek.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smilie using offal...

There's a taunt for you.

TargetDrone and I still have to fight out the invasion of Smilieland - details to be posted you know where as soon as it happens...

------------------

Andreas

A piece of advice, give your PBEM file an easy name to identify it such as 'W and R 01' with the initials being your's and your opponent, the '01' to tell one file from the next if you play more than one game, and finally, keep only one of each file in your PBEM folder so you don't get confused. If you want to save the files of every turn, save them in your E-mail folder not in the PBEM folder in the game. Hope this helps.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

It was a joke Andreas.

Joe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine too Joe, mine too... Such are the dangers of not being Smilie using offal...

------------------

Andreas