Split Squad Foxhole Bug?

With the new patch I tried setting up double rows of defensive foxholes (to fall back on if need be) by splitting squads during setup. When I tried to move the rear squads up to rejoin with the front squads in their forward foxholes during the first turn, the rear squads began to move forward, then turned, and "sneaked" back to their former positions. Apparently, CM considers a foxhole full with a split squad in it? Or is this a new bug? I had to move both split squads out of their foxholes, rejoin them, and then move the full squads to the proper position.

------------------

Hope you got your things together,

Hope you are quite prepared to die. --CCR

[This message has been edited by Samhain (edited 12-18-2000).]

Two squads can't occupy the same space (or foxhole), and one will move away from the other if its path ends on top of (or very near to) the other squad. Turn on their bases to get a better idea of how close you can move them together. You only need to get them close anyway and they'll rejoin between turns. It's always been this way, AFAIK.

- Chris

Thanks, I'll test it out. I just seems odd that you can't move two split squads into the same foxhole to rejoin there, since they'll end up in there as a complete squad eventually.

------------------

I rode a tank, held a general's rank

When the blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank.

--Rolling Stones