Take It To The People

Ok I know this is a wild and crazy idea but it is new and everything new gets grilled so leave it to me to rock the house. Here Goes, Since CM is being Modified daily by some talented people why doesnt BTS put a call out for various art files they would like for CM2 and let this be a game from the gamers for gamers making it a true peoples game with real people we all know from the board having an active part in the design process. I think it would be a very personal game for all of us to see people we have come to know part of the final game. Simply post the shell art of the vehicles some place for these guys to get and lets see what they can do and let the final top edits be included in the gold version of CM2. Off The wall Idea, but it would be neat to see what people would do for free just for the love of the game, and it would be a first as far as I know to have the public active in the process outside of testing ect.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sinpoet:

Ok I know this is a wild and crazy idea but it is new and everything new gets grilled so leave it to me to rock the house. Here Goes, Since CM is being Modified daily by some talented people why doesnt BTS put a call out for various art files they would like for CM2 and let this be a game from the gamers for gamers making it a true peoples game with real people we all know from the board having an active part in the design process. I think it would be a very personal game for all of us to see people we have come to know part of the final game. Simply post the shell art of the vehicles some place for these guys to get and lets see what they can do and let the final top edits be included in the gold version of CM2. Off The wall Idea, but it would be neat to see what people would do for free just for the love of the game, and it would be a first as far as I know to have the public active in the process outside of testing ect. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea!

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC ;)

Join or get more info on Rob's CMC today Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Bord

BHQS bord

I think it's a great idea.

If BTS lets the mod guys do the graphics (and they are very very good at it), they can concentrate on the interface and new features.

Result: Games comes out faster and looks better!

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

I think this is a pretty cool idea. Will be interested it what BTS has to say. Even if it's a no go it's the thought, as they say, that counts, and this was a good one.

Mord.

Guest Lord General MB

Soldier

Wayne... Wow your why to negitive to be in the 1st Army. No promotion for you...

But, Sinpoet I love that idea! I can just imagine all the nice hi-res tanks and guns... Marco, Fernando, Jonh S. Mods!!!

Promotion aprroved!

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Thanks, its just that an Idea and why should they shoot it down after all it would free them up to do more for the game and allow the players to build something within our own little tight knit community of CM gamers. Sure they may have a dedicated artist but one person can only do so much so give it a chance and see what happens after all it cant hurt and FREE art and talent is good and the loyal fans will always be there no matter what.

Guest Lord General MB

Soldier,

I'm not saying that they do ALL the graphics, I just agre with you that I would love to see all the nice Hi-res models that people have been doing go to some use.

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

It was not my intention to be negative, it's only that this subject has been discussed before and rejected by BTS, who are calling the shots on game developement, and there is a thread available for anyone who wants to do a search.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Guest KwazyDog

Hi Guys,

This one has been bought up before and although on the surface it sounds like a nice idea, there are some technicalities that could cause us complications.

* A lot of people probably dont realise it but when one of the vehicle in CM is modded, a lot of the work has already been done bu us. When we put a model into CM it is a blank canvas, thus you have to start from scratch and line up each part texture you make with each part of the vehicle model underneath (very VERY time consuming). This cant be done without the model and the game itself, thus what people would really need to do this properly is a beta of the game. As you guys can understand, giving out betas like this would be something we would rather avoid.

* Copyright...this one is a biggy unfortunately. What if one of the artists used copyrighted material in making the model that we didnt recognise. Im not saying any of the modders out there whom have worked on CM thus far would do this, but if we opened it to the public this could unfortunately certainly become a problem, and if the wrong source was used, a very big and expensive problem.

* Differences between modders. This lead to people unfortunately wasting a lot of time and effort. Everybody has their own style, for instance say person X did up one model bit it didnt fit in the style of persons Y model. It could be an excellent model, with 30hrs worth of work behind it, but unfortunately not suitable for CM.

Anyways guys, thats just a few of the problems that come to mind. The modders out there have done great work, and Im sure they will continue to do so on CM2.

The work I did on CM1 was ALL done in my spare time, after hours outside of my paying job. Now that I can dedicate my full time to CM2 I can tell you guys we are definitely looking at improving graphics in more ways that one smile.gif

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

KwazyDog... Thanks for the explantion. Very well phrased. I'm a little diepointed though... sniff...

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Points well taken KwazyDog. I can't wait to see what you all are gonna do with CM2. And I am glad, in assuming that CM2 will be as graphically modable as CM is. It's part of the strength of this game, atleast in a graphics sense.

I like the fact that one can change the visuals without screwing up the game play. As long as that remains I doubt that I will ever have a complaint about this game. EVER!

Mord.

After seeing the Tiger in MDMP-2, I'm more than happy to have Kwazydog doing ALL the graphics.

The mod artists are going to have to work very hard to top them in CM2.