How is firepower calculated?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heibis:

To compare TOAW to CM is just not fair, CM is just too good to be true, while TOAW is just another stupid boardgame-port...

Hey, I just cant wait to see CM drop in at my local post office...

Jens<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A game that is a "boardgame-port" takes a specific boardgame with its rules & mechanics and places this on a PC environment. So what specific boardgame did TOAW "port"?

The TOAW example was only just that---an example, NOT a direct comparison to CM. Whatever you like or dislike about the TOAW series (and I've had my own share of dislikes on some of its elements), it's a bit of an injustice to label that game system as "just a stupid port". Norm Koger put quite some effort to make it a unique system, and he made a lot of strident changes in the sequels (TOAW2 & after) based on user feedback.

Guest Seimerst

The old U.S. Army MG standby from Vietnam, M-60-- a rip off design of the MG42 in the first place, probably fired more rounds per weapon carried than any other. Every gunner was trained to "fire burst of six" Unless you were using the tripod and it was anchored with sandbags, the recoil and ammo consumption was just too much. As for the ammo concerns, while it was a macabre joke, one of the survival tips for a new 2LT in a rifle platoon, was to find who your platoon's psychopath was, then give him the M60 and have the rest of the platoon carry ammo and spare barrels for him. Oh yes, and be sure to handcuff him to yourself and keep your RTO at a a respectable distance.